We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Easy Scenic Hiking Trails in Palm Springs ?

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Any Easy Scenic Hiking Trails in Palm Springs ?

We will be going to Palm Springs for 2 days and don't know the area too well ...any easy scenic hiking trails near Palm Canyon ?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Easy Scenic Hiking Trails in Palm Springs ?

As I recall, many many years ago, its real nice and there are easy trails (hot in summer). See their website for details www.theindiancanyons.com

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,219 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Easy Scenic Hiking Trails in Palm Springs ?

Indian Canyons is real close.Several trails to choose from.My favorite is Murray Canyon trail up to the waterfalls.

Apple Valley, CA
Level Contributor
647 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Easy Scenic Hiking Trails in Palm Springs ?

Murray Canyon is real pretty with all the water and all, but at least the trail we took for a little while alongside the water was not easy.

The walking trail at Palm Canyon on the other hand was very easy to walk, just getting down that steep grade into the canyon when you first get there was the only tricky part.

My recommendation would be to go to Indian Canyons and at the entrance when you pay, tell them what you are looking for and they can help you out!

Indian Canyons is not to be missed. It's very pretty.

Cape Cod, MA
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Easy Scenic Hiking Trails in Palm Springs ?

While I agree with going to Indian Canyons as it is very beautiful if I were you I would consider just going to the Living Desert so that you can learn about the desert/cactus/animals and walk the trails into the foothills for one admission fee. We did both things last week and enjoyed both very much.

Just a suggestion.

Parksville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Easy Scenic Hiking Trails in Palm Springs ?

I agree with Yanko - if you are going to pay to go fo a walk, go the Living Desert. There are also some easy walks at the Coachella Valley Preserve - where you can also walk to natural palm groves. In fact, your starting point for walks is in a palm grove.

6. Re: Any Easy Scenic Hiking Trails in Palm Springs ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 17:17