We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pets in Palm Springs

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Pets in Palm Springs

I'm new to the area and have 2 big dogs. I'm looking for a vet recommendation in addition to a kennel for boarding. Thank you! Any other pet advice for this area would be much appreciated.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pets in Palm Springs

PS Animal Hospital

Dr Salk - I know people who have gone to him for years....he's very compassionate too

SALK STEVEN M DVM MPH 760-324-0450

4771 E Palm Canyon Dr Ste E, Palm Springs, CA

Rim Rocks Shopping Center ( VONS ) - in PS, just east of The Parker Hotel and the Mercedes dealership...

Edited: 04 December 2009, 15:42
toronto
Level Contributor
399 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pets in Palm Springs

Be sure to check out the Palm Springs dog park behind city hall. It's fabulous!

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
181 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pets in Palm Springs

Dr. Salk is great.

I live in Palm Desert and use Desert Dunes Veterinary. I love the staff that works there and Dr. Randazzo is wonderful. They also do boarding.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pets in Palm Springs

I researched Dr. Salk before making an appointment and this is what I found.... I can't believe he is still in practice. Needless to say my search for a reputable vet continues.

Vet charged with kicking dog

Palm Springs, CA (US)

Incident Date: Friday, Dec 31, 2004

County: Riverside

Disposition: Convicted

Defendant/Suspect: Steven Salk, DVM

Case Updates: 3 update(s) available

Doctor Steven Salk, whose clinic is in Palm Springs, is facing one charge of misdemeanor animal cruelty from the DA's office for allegedly kicking, striking with fist/hand and leash a 4 year old German Shepherd left in his care for X-rays. The California Vet Board is aware of the charge and they are investigating the case.

He appeared in an Indio courtroom Jan 19 on an unrelated charge of cultivating marijuana. He pleaded not guilty. Both cases are being heard in Riverside County Superior Court Indio, CA.

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
181 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pets in Palm Springs

Wow. Had never heard that regarding Dr.Salk. Don't blame you for looking elsewhere.

It might be too far for you, but I've been using Desert Dunes for the past 4 years and have had no problem and really like the staff. If you're near the east valley, you might give them a looksee.

6. Re: Pets in Palm Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2010, 05:15