We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Palm Springs, CA

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
78 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Palm Springs, CA

Spending 6 nights in early March in Palm Springs. Looking for quiet, comfortable but budget accommodation. Currently looking at Palm Canyon Inn, 1450 South Palm Canyon Drive. Price is right but cannot find much in the way of reviews. Want to be centrally located and use the SunBus, no car. Appreciate hearing from anyone who stayed there or at the Travelodge or any other recommendations. We are Canadian Seniors. Thanks.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,504 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Palm Springs, CA

The Chase Hotel fits the bill perfectly. It's right in the heart of Palm Springs.

Nice breakfast every morning and afternoon chocolate chip cookies and refreshments.

http://www.chasehotelpalmsprings.com/

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
78 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Palm Springs, CA

Many thanks. Will check it.

toronto
Level Contributor
399 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Palm Springs, CA

I second the recommendation of the Chase! Perfect location if you won't have a car. You can walk to restaurants and shops no problem, and the Sunbus is just a block away.

I've stayed there several times and love the hotel. It's usually pretty quiet in the courtyard as well.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
78 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Palm Springs, CA

Thanks. Sounds good. Appreciate your taking the time to pass it along.

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Palm Springs, CA

I agree hands down with the Chase hotel. Great location and nice place to stay! We stayed there last year and were very happy with the location and the way it was cared for.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,756 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Palm Springs, CA

We found, when wanting to spend a week in the Palm Springs area, that a one-bedroom condo was less expensive than a budget hotel, when taking into consideration that we could fix our own breakfast, take picnic lunches out, and even do dinner, if we wanted.

We went through the Rental Connection

http://www.therentalconnection.com/

and stayed at the Biarritz...look on the website to find it. It was a couple of blocks from the main street of Palm Springs, has a very large pool and some tennis courts, in a courtyard in the middle. We had a very comfortable and attractive one bedroom unit with a full kitchen and a balcony overlooking the swimming pool and tennis courts.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
78 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation in Palm Springs, CA

Thanks for letting me know about the Biarritz. Will check out the website.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
78 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation in Palm Springs, CA

Thanks to all for their tips. We have cancelled our reservation at Palm Canyon Inn. Every time I phoned there the phone was answered by a gruff man with no idea of customer service or welcome. I contacted the Chamber of Commerce and another Tourist office and while neither said anything bad about PCI they seemed to advise to find other accommodation. Unfortunate that this budget place can't offer a better impression as it may be quite acceptable when you get there, but email was terse, so were phone replies. I may check it out further when I get there.

cheshire
Level Contributor
380 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation in Palm Springs, CA

Be interesting to find your view when you get there. Sounds like you spoke to the guy on the desk we met whilst checking there last year. We were interrupting him from reading his paper!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,504 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation in Palm Springs, CA

Babs, where are you staying now that you have canceled your reservations at the PCI?