We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacationing with teens

ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Topic
Vacationing with teens

We are traveling with our two teens (16&12) at the beginning of April after spending some days in Scottsdale.

Looking for a nice resort, but torn with reviews of families with lots of kids. Don't want a loud pool scene, overloaded with kids where you have to save chairs by the pool by 8am!!

Was considering the Renaissance Esmeralda, or Hyatt Grand Champions?? Both are 2 queen bedded rooms but will a family of 4 feel cramped??

How many days do you need to spend to adequately tour the area of Palm Springs?? After spending a few days in Scottsdale looking for something different.

Any advice would be great!!!

Gavle, Sweden
Level Contributor
645 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacationing with teens

Hi californiadreaming09;

Me and my family (with two teens) spent some time at at Luxury Resort in Scottsdale. So... in Palm Springs we wanted a different experience.

We chose to stay at The Chase, a very casual hotel down town with a nice pool. No resort - but the location and the abience was great, we loved our stay!

We had five days in PS and I think we had the time to do and se a lot!

/sun

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,053 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacationing with teens

We've stayed at both resorts a number of times. In April, either one would be good. April 4th is Easter, so that weekend will have plenty of kids anywhere you stay in the desert. You do need to book in advance.

I like the rooms at the Grand Champions, as they have a step down living area with sofa and TV and a large balcony to make the room feel bigger. They have 7 pools to choose from, rather than the one big one at Esmeralda and a water slide and sprinkler system that kids love.

We also like the Regency level at the GC as they serve a nice breakfast, and have snacks and cocktail time. Young kids are not allowed to roam around during cocktails. They have a lounge adjacent with sofa's and TV and free computer.

3. Re: Vacationing with teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 05:17