We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family planning for week in Palm Springs

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Cruz, CA
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family planning for week in Palm Springs

I am getting stokis for trip to PS. Besides Josh Tree and Indian canyons hikes, a hummer tour and Villagefest, any other must do things? also as avid jamband music lover - any clubs I should hit?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,504 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family planning for week in Palm Springs

Definitely don't miss a ride up on the tram to the top of Mt. San Jacinto.

http://www.pstramway.com/

Families also like The Living Desert.

http://www.livingdesert.org/

Santa Cruz, CA
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Family planning for week in Palm Springs

Living Dersert - must hit thx :)

Tram ride - dunno - I get vertigo bro haha - although I have been on the Space Needle (Seattle), CNN Tower (Toronto), Stratosphere tower in Vegas, WTC amd Empire State Buildings. Trams give me the heebee jeebees

also Bee thing posted earlier, I am allergic to Bees, but am avid hiker. guess, I should carry a shot kit huh?

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family planning for week in Palm Springs

This bee thing is way overblown. I havent heard one person locally talk about a 'bee' problem.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family planning for week in Palm Springs

If you're going in spring yes there are bees swarming around particular flowering bushes (seem to really like the smoke trees). Yes bring a kit if you are really allergic.

The Living Desert also has hikes inside plus incorporates a desert Bighorn reserve. The zoo part is very well done, too.

Maybe do that instead of the tram.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,152 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family planning for week in Palm Springs

Coachella Valley Preserve is another place to hike.Large palm grove with water bubbling up from the fault.Pretty interesting.

If you are into music,did you know about the Coachella Music Festival April 16-18?

www.coachella.com

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family planning for week in Palm Springs

OK--am I the only one with a warped sense of humor, nearly choking on my wine when I read "Family planning" for week in Palm Springs??!!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,504 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family planning for week in Palm Springs

"OK--am I the only one with a warped sense of humor"

I guess so! LOL On the PS boards there are plenty of families visiting during the holidays and spring break, and we are used to people leaving out every detail in a subject. I read it as, A family..., or Family, planing...

Glad you had a good chuckle...

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,585 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family planning for week in Palm Springs

i don't know about clubs but we just returned from rancho las palmas hotel in rancho mirage and the blue ember restaurant/lounge there was happening in the evenings with live music 5 days a week, except sun and mon. the outdoor fire pits and outdoor seating with the live music in the desert evening were very romantic and fun.

you might want to check it out.

9. Re: Family planning for week in Palm Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2010, 05:18