We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool Heating in April ?

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
seattle
Level Contributor
14 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Pool Heating in April ?

Hi everyone,

My friends and I are renting a house in PS in early April. Knowing that pool temperature is somewhat subjective, does it seem necessary to you locals to have your pool heated in early April? I'm trying to decide whether the cost is justified (yes, I'm a penny pincher!). I'm also from the Pacific NW, so I pretty much have no knowledge of pools or swimming outside.

Thanks for the help!

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,005 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool Heating in April ?

I don't think you will need to heat it.If you came in winter you would want to for sure.

I think it depends on the outside air temperatures as to whether you feel the pool will be a comfortable temperature.The average temps in April are usually in the mid to high 80s.So a dip in a cool pool feels pretty good.But at night the temps drop into the 50s ,so if you want to swim at night it may be a little chilly.

Can't you just wait until you get into town to decide if you want or need to heat it? Or does the homeowner just turn it on for the duration of your stay?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool Heating in April ?

For example, Knott's runs a large Water Park in Palm Springs (Knott's Soak City), and it opens in mid-March for the season. None of its pools are heated. So more than likely it is not needed, but some folks prefer heated ppols year round.

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool Heating in April ?

I would probably heat my pool in early April....a little to chilly for my taste.

seattle
Level Contributor
14 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool Heating in April ?

Thanks all for the advice! I talked to the owner of the home who thought we wouldn't need heat in April, but of course, it's a personal choice. We're going to play it by ear once we get there.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool Heating in April ?

You might not need to heat a pool in April, but you would definitely at least want to have the option...it can indeed be cool in the evening.

April is a wonderful time to come to the desert.

6. Re: Pool Heating in April ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2011, 05:22