We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide for hot springs day

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Help me decide for hot springs day

Hi--off to Palm Springs next weekend for a business trip. In need of some relaxation during the weekend, so am trying to decide on a place where can have a nice soak in natural hot springs water. Turns out several of the spas do have "hot" water but it is chlorinated water. And several of the Tripadvisor reviews are by folks who only posted a single review.

Here are the options that have gleaned so far:

--Taking of Waters at Spa Hotel in Palm springs is $40, last appointment at 5:30 pm (close at 7 pm), need to book another service if want to do this on Saturday. Examples of packages could use on Saturday include pedicure or body scrub ($89), massage or facial ($115), or both facial and massage ($220).

--Two Bunch Palms has a World Away package for two people that includes 1 60-minute treatment and $25 lunch voucher per person ($320), facial for one person would be $120 plus $25 resort fee/lunch voucher, facial and massage for one person would be $265 including lunch, gratuity is extra, day visitors get to use the facilities 1 hour before and 1 hour after their appointment, their hot springs pool is the Grotto pool, hours are 9 am-5:45 pm for last appointment

--Bella Monte resort, $20 per person day rate if there are two or more people, included if purchase treatment, do not offer facials, pool is natural mineral water (85 degrees), massages are about $120, open 8-8 pm

--Tuscan springs, $45 per person for 4 hours day rate, waived if book 1 hour spa treatment, all pools are natural hot springs (102, 104, 90 degrees), facial is about $95, massage is about $110, open 8-9 pm, last appointment about 7/8 pm

--Lido Palms Resort, $25 per person day rate, can use 9-5 pm when they are not fully booked (usually weekdays and sunday), facial is $97, massage is $112, package of both $185, change water every 6-8 hours, jacuzzis are 102-104 degrees, pool is 95 degrees, all are natural hot springs

Are the more expensive places really worth the extra cost? Some of the reviews on Expedia etc. are bad (e.g., Two Bunch)

How crowded are these at this time of year?

Any other natural hot springs spas that we should consider in the area?

Thanks so much

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,819 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me decide for hot springs day

The Spa Hotel with the taking of the waters is the only one located IN Palm Springs itself. I have been there and it is nice and relaxing and certainly convenient if staying in Palm Springs. It is the only hotel I know IN Palm Springs that has hot springs water.

Two Bunch Palms is a high end destination spa resort located across the I-10 freeway in the town of Desert Hot Springs. I am not sure why reviews didn't like it as it is upscale and pretty nice.

Not sure if it is worth it to spend high end bucks to soak for 1 day???

My son and his g-friend got a Groupon and went to Bella Monte and enjoyed it. As I understand it is calm and relaxing but a low key resort more like a motel with hot springs pool.

BTW even though these all have natural hot springs the pools themselves are swimming pools not natural rock pools.

I don't know the other places on your list.

For me, the soaking is the important part so I wouldn't necessarily pay for the high end ones unless I also wanted some spa massages or an upscale atmosphere.

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me decide for hot springs day

Taking of the waters is an amazing deal, but I have never been happy with the spa services at the Spa Resort and therefore if you have to pay for one to get the taking of the waters I wouldn't recommend it. When you can go on a weekday and use all of the facilities for $40 it is fantastic.

On the other hand, Two Bunch Palms is one of my favorite places on earth. Never gone there for day use, although I've considered it, but would stay there in a flash when it's affordable. First of all, the grounds are beautiful and relaxing - it is for adults only and you are not allowed to speak above a whisper to keep the area serene. The mineral grotto is amazing. I have NEVER in many many years had a bad or even average treatment there, it is always top of the line. Finally, Two Bunch was originally the getaway for Al Capone, and many of the buildings are original, so there is intrigue and history as well.

Whatever you choose, enjoy!

Edited: 19 February 2012, 03:37
3. Re: Help me decide for hot springs day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2013, 10:34