We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we need a heated pool in March in Palm Springs?

Los Angeles...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Do we need a heated pool in March in Palm Springs?

I am looking at an Airbnb house in Palm Springs for mid-March that has a pool and jacuzzi but the pool isn't heated. I know it should be in the 80's but I just don't have enough pool experience to know. Thanks for your help!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,340 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do we need a heated pool in March in Palm Springs?

Probably not, but you never know if the weather might turn colder.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
253 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do we need a heated pool in March in Palm Springs?

The air during the day will be warm but without heat I suspect you'll find the pool a bit too cold.....I know I would want it heated.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do we need a heated pool in March in Palm Springs?

I say yes, you will want a heated pool in March!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do we need a heated pool in March in Palm Springs?

About ten years ago we rented a home at Easter week in Rancho Mirage in March. The pool was not heated. Never again, now we make sure our rentals have heated pools 6 months of the year.

Usually rentals will charge to heat the pool, so if you like the house and want to pay for the heat, ask about that.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do we need a heated pool in March in Palm Springs?

You don't even want to know how much it costs to bring a pool up from winter temps to swimmable ones, much less maintain it there!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,027 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do we need a heated pool in March in Palm Springs?

If you actually want to swim in the pool...then yes. I'm guessing $500 to $700 a month to heat the pool. Is that about right mlgb?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do we need a heated pool in March in Palm Springs?

Depending on when you want to use a pool in March, an how often, if might be cheaper to just opt go to the local water park for a day, and then not use the pool for swimming at the House. (Of Course, you can use the area for sunbathing, outdoor cooking/eating, having drinks outdoors, etc.) The question is, do you want to jump in the water? Some locations might have a Hot Tub/Jacuzzi available, which is a lot less expensive to heat and run....

Here is a link to the Soak City Park Hours if the option interests you.

soakcityps.com/hours-directions/soak-city-pa…

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do we need a heated pool in March in Palm Springs?

You aren't too far off datthecoast, of course it depends on the size, whether they keep a solar cover on, etc. I think a rental agency will charge something like $250 a week. Some places make you pay the utility bill which can be an ugly surprise.

Honestly I would look for a condo or a hotel that maintains heated pools in winter, unless you are made of money. The unheated pools don't really start to get warm enough until you get into June.

palm springs...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Do we need a heated pool in March in Palm Springs?

Having lived here for the past 15 years--I would definately say that pool heat is a necesitty in March if you want to use it. Pools generally need heat until June. Heating a pool is very expensive--I suggest you book a room at a hotel with heated pool.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
205 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do we need a heated pool in March in Palm Springs?

Good information to know. We are taking our kids and 2 year old grandson to Palm Springs in April. We are quiet people looking for a 3 bedroom house to rent with laundry, no pool in the yard but a heated pool within the complex and tennis. We don't golf. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. We do not know the area and would prefer to stay at a large resort that has amenities. Northstar at Tahoe worked well last summer.

Thanks so much.