We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel

bristol
Level Contributor
243 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel

Please help! Am currently booked into the westin mission hills 2 elders 2 adults one teeenage boy. is this resort really caos pool scene ect. also seen some bad reviews on room ants /rodents does anyone know if this is correct or is the rancholaspalmas would be cleaner. Also does anyone know if my 14 yearold son would be allowed in the nest for dinner with us.

thanks in advance

Level Contributor
37,647 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel

Our room was very clean! This is is a nice place for families, situated on a beautiful golf course. :)

bristol
Level Contributor
243 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel

thank you. i stay in westins alot and have always found them clean but the recent reviews are a bit of a scare.

Cathedral City...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel

These things can happen no matter how nice the hotel is. Being in the desert comes with rodents and insects sometimes. Unless you see a consistent amount of bad reviews, it's usually just a fluke.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel

I agree with CjW933, but suggest you give more weight to current reviews than syrahgirl, kerrylou. I believe it's been almost 4 years since she stayed at the Mission Hills Westin.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel

I also agree with Cj, the big resorts all have similar issues, people hate the resort fees, don't like being located far away from whatever (or don't like being close to the pool since it's noisy). Dust, insects and other visitors can enter rooms when the windows and doors are open. When a hotel is full, it can be difficult to turn them around quickly enough and sometimes maintenance gets slighted.

Edited: 05 February 2013, 20:39
6. Re: which hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 06:18