We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Springs city bus

North Dakota
Level Contributor
63 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Springs city bus

How easy is it to use the Palm Springs City busses? We will be at the Best Western at Palm Springs and would like to use the bus to go downtown. Billy Reeds restuarant would be one destination. Help will be appreciated.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Springs city bus

This will give you all the info you need.

www.sunline.org

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Springs city bus

Will they accept a non-US driving licence (UK licence) as proof of over 60?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,970 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Springs city bus

Are you folks all trying to stay in the Palm Springs area without having a car?

I would love to hear from you after your stay to see how convenient it turns out using buses there.

We are lazy and like to walk to things after we park our car but I have never tried the buses.

North Dakota
Level Contributor
63 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Springs city bus

I've looked at the sunline website--it's a little difficult to figure out.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Springs city bus

No, we'll have a rental car, but perhaps I'm odd in that I like to try public transport in other countries! Besides it means we can enjoy a drink or two with a meal and not worry about driving.

North Dakota
Level Contributor
63 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Springs city bus

I don't think there will be a problem using a UK drivers license to get the senior bus rate. We will have a rental car also, but agree with you on reasons to ride the bus.

Alberta
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm Springs city bus

We stayed at the Oasis Villas last October for two weeks and never had a car. Took the bus downtown, and to the mall in Palm Desert - it was just excellent. Wish now we had taken it all around Palm Springs just to sight see. Will do that next time. For .50 a ride it can't be beat.

8. Re: Palm Springs city bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 05:17