We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is a finer hotel? Parker, Viceroy,Hyatt, La Quinta?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
115 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Which is a finer hotel? Parker, Viceroy,Hyatt, La Quinta?

Hi, I am so excited over Palm Springs in Jan especially when all the very kind experts here gave me advices for my decision. Now, here's the tough part, which fine hotel should we pick? I have read all the reviews, some positives and some negatives and those beautiful pictures on the sites are amazing but yet I am afraid to find out the reality when the day comes. We are in our 30's, coming to Palm Springs for relaxation and sight seeing. We want a hotel that is nicely decorated,serene, beautiful grounds, good restaurants, some pool time, NOT too family oriented and NO young drunk party types.... We want to enjoy our vacation and make the best of it as much as possible. I have narrowed down to Parker, Riveira, Viceroy,Hyatt and La Quinta, any specific one I should pick? Thank you!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is a finer hotel? Parker, Viceroy,Hyatt, La Quinta?

Sorry, I cant help you there as I rent from a property manager and have been for years......

All I know is that La Quinta Resort is very nice as we stay down that end of the valley........

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is a finer hotel? Parker, Viceroy,Hyatt, La Quinta?

La Quinta Resort is both historic and unique with the option of renting a casita. It has all the usuals...spa, golf and tennis. The casita allows privacy. Not the backwards baseball cap frat boy type of place. Easy access up Hwy 111 through the desert communities. Nearby Palm Desert for shopping. Keep going for Palm Springs. I used to live down the street. Nice neighborhood.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,869 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is a finer hotel? Parker, Viceroy,Hyatt, La Quinta?

Viceroy is quite and secluded, the pools are tiny, but the pool areas are beautiful. Parker is very nice, also - has a resort feel. Hyatt tends to have more families. La Quinta is a resort, with all that that entails.

Monterey Bay...
Level Contributor
882 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is a finer hotel? Parker, Viceroy,Hyatt, La Quinta?

The Casitas at La Quinta are so nice. Each area has its own backyard, side patio and kitchen. Food at the resort is wonderful too. It's a special place...not run of the mill. Historical, classy and I like the location as well.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is a finer hotel? Parker, Viceroy,Hyatt, La Quinta?

Have you priced out all the hotels you have listed, as I know some are more expensive. There can be resort fees, wi-fi charges, valet fees.

I think you would really like the Hyatt Indian Wells. The rooms are very large, but the grounds are gorgeous, ots of palm trees around the pool area. The best part is the Oasis Adult only pool, away from the family pool. They have lounges, cabana's with TV's, beverage service.

Try to get a Regency Club room and enjoy the breakfast on the 5th floor and evening cocktails and appetizers. The Health Spa is very nice.

Look at all the candid photos by TA users so you can see candid photos..

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
86 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is a finer hotel? Parker, Viceroy,Hyatt, La Quinta?

My brother's wedding was at the Viceroy and this place was awesome. It meets all of your criteria and is not family-oriented and you won't be having any parties going on. If you're looking for serene and relaxing I would definitely stay here.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
381 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is a finer hotel? Parker, Viceroy,Hyatt, La Quinta?

I personally love La Quinta, although it is 25 miles east of Palm Springs, so if you're wanting to hang out in the actual city of Palm Springs, La Quinta might not be the place for you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
115 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which is a finer hotel? Parker, Viceroy,Hyatt, La Quinta?

Thank you so much everyone, your information will help me pick the best hotel that suit my needs!

Chicago, Illinois
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which is a finer hotel? Parker, Viceroy,Hyatt, La Quinta?

Which hotel did you end up choosing? I'm in a similar situation now .. I'm narrowing down our choices and would be interested in hearing what you chose and how it was.. Thanks in advance

10. Re: Which is a finer hotel? Parker, Viceroy,Hyatt, La Quinta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 05:17