We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sparrow's Hotel or Hyatt??

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sparrow's Hotel or Hyatt??

Heading to PS for a long weekend (4 nights). It's the first couples' getaway in a long time and our first visit to PS. We will want to eat out, hike, wander, and relax by the pool. There is so little information about Sparrow's Hotel and it doesn't seem to have many amenities, but still looks lovely. The Hyatt is corporate but the rooms look large, there is a gym and all the other amenities of a large hotel. Thoughts? Thanks!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,663 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sparrow's Hotel or Hyatt??

Have you read the reviews of Sparrow??

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32847-d119427-…

There are MANY other possibilities!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sparrow's Hotel or Hyatt??

I hadn't heard of the Sparrow's Hotel, but I see it's the old El Rancho Motel. I think my parents stayed there dozens of years ago. Hopefully it's been refurbished now and there is central a/c.

We've stayed a number of times at the Hyatt Suites in downtown PS. It's a smaller Hyatt, all suites. Small pool area, but all the amenities. We like the rooms facing the golf course and mountains, rather than street view. Very quiet and peaceful. Located right in the middle of town, we like the area.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,150 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sparrow's Hotel or Hyatt??

If you are looking for a smaller hotel, heres a list.Most are walking distance of downtown.

www.smallhotelsofpalmsprings.com

Lots of hotels in the desert!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,663 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sparrow's Hotel or Hyatt??

We have also stayed at the Hyatt.

I agree that if you are looking for one of the smaller more typically old Palm Springs type of hotels then the list Dez has posted will be a good resource for you.

Seattle
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sparrow's Hotel or Hyatt??

Yes, I saw the old reviews for the old hotel, but it just reopened (got a nice review in Sunset) and the photos on the website look beautiful. It is not the same place. The weird thing is I can't find any reviews on tripadvisor for the new hotel.

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sparrow's Hotel or Hyatt??

While you're there I strongly recommend a shake at Great Shakes.

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sparrow's Hotel or Hyatt??

The reviews are for the old hotel that the Sparrows took over recently and totally redid. Disregard the reviews.

The Hyatt or Sparrows...totally apples and oranges. The Hyatt is a Hyatt...nice Hyatt, but still a corporate hotel. The Sparrows is a small, unique and beautiful little inn. If you go for a one of a kind inn, that would be your choice. The Hyatt is right in downtown, the Sparrows is located in South Palm Springs.

8. Re: Sparrow's Hotel or Hyatt??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:18