We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's this address? Anyone know this house?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
How's this address? Anyone know this house?

We've found a house on http://www.vrbo.com/479826 which looks right up our alley. It's at 2151

E. Calle Papagayo. Any opinions?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
385 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's this address? Anyone know this house?

I'm not familar with it but wish I was - it looks fantastic. Reviews are all unanimous - I'm guessing you can't go wrong.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's this address? Anyone know this house?

It is near the airport but no one mentions any issues with plane noise sooooo looks nice.

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How's this address? Anyone know this house?

Its not a bad area, but you will definitely will hear plane noise.

4. Re: How's this address? Anyone know this house?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 00:35
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How's this address? Anyone know this house?

Sorry Moose if I offended your sensibilities. We rent through VRBO all the time and you WOULD be surprised to know that often people DO know about a specific property. I was also asking about the area by the address. I thought this forum is where you ask questions. Mostly, everyone is very nice about it. My apology if I wasted your time.

As for being near the airport, am I wrong in thinking that much of Palm Springs is, so that some airplane noise kind of goes with the territory? I don't want to be blasted out of creation with the noise but a little wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How's this address? Anyone know this house?

Well thats ok...I stay way at the far end at La Quinta so airport noise not a factor for me

But good luck

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How's this address? Anyone know this house?

Coxy...your question is very valid...its often asked on forums though-out tripadvisor. The area to stay away from regarding airport noise is the north/northeast section of Palm Springs. You will have no issue with airport noise in the southern or central part. Depending on what you are looking for, those areas could be closer to hiking/golf restaurants etc. The southern and western parts are generally considered nicer areas of Palm Springs.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How's this address? Anyone know this house?

thanks Tomtravel. I posted another question here after this thread asking where the property address is in relation to the good/bad parts. Can you help? thanks!

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How's this address? Anyone know this house?

It is in an ok part of town, not the best, but also not the worst. Have you looked in the Indian Canyons area, or Vistas Las Palmas?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How's this address? Anyone know this house?

no but I will now