We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earthquake in LA

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Earthquake in LA

Any body feel the earth quake we had today form LA !!!

Seems every March we get them.......

So Cal
Level Contributor
9,689 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Earthquake in LA

Not every March, but yes, I live very close to this one. Everyone at Disneyland should have felt it La Habra and Brea are next to Anaheim.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,723 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Earthquake in LA

I thought I felt a mild rumble. Hard to tell sometimes

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,456 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Earthquake in LA

It was quite hard and rough for several seconds here in OC. Disneyland rides were shut down. A water line burst in Fullerton and there is some minor damage in North OC and merchandise off store shelves, a few areas without power. But no reports of any serious damage or injuries.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,879 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Earthquake in LA

We felt it all the way in Yucaipa, near foothills of San Bernardino Mountains.

It was centered in Orange County.

Some sources are showing a photo of guests leaving Disneyland and saying it was evacuated. But, using logic, that photo of a crowd of people heading out of the park is actually of guests already crowded on Main Street for viewing of the fireworks show, which was supposed to begin at 9:25, leaving because the show was cancelled. NBC showed aerial coverage and people were later walking around the park. I read the second show of Fantasmic went off with no problem and some rides reopened later.

Edited: 29 March 2014, 07:21
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,835 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Earthquake in LA

We felt the 9PM one centered in La Habra, all the way to the beach cities near LAX. It was long and rolling. Seems like it lasted for 45 seconds. No damage, just some swinging light fixtures.

Earthquakes can come at any time. I don't think just in March.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,330 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Earthquake in LA

We live in a high rise in downtown San Diego and had just got home from several cocktails at a local watering hole just before 9pm.

So it took me a minute to realize our building was swaying and not me. It moved our chandelier pretty good, and because of the way these buildings are build we swayed for a few seconds, but not real strong down here.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,815 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Earthquake in LA

Strange that we live north of Goodbeer near La Jolla Village Square , and didn't feel a thing!!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Earthquake in LA

We felt it (something) In Indian Wells. We were sitting on the couch, and felt a small wave like feeling. From Canada on vacation. Crazy!

Edited: 29 March 2014, 16:18
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Earthquake in LA

I live in Burbank and definitely felt it - it was pretty mild. I was in bed reading an it was kind of like those old magic fingers beds they used to have in motels.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Earthquake in LA

Felt it really good in Long Beach, about 25 miles from the center. However it didn't bother the cat enough for him to move from the couch.