We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best meat/bbq restaurant with outdoor seating

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Best meat/bbq restaurant with outdoor seating

Hi there,

We're in Palm Springs for a couple of nights in the coming weeks (Mon & Tues) and are looking for a restaurant recommendation.

We love good quality steak/burger/bbq places that have quite a casual atmosphere. Budget isn't an issue, we've just been to a couple of places where we've felt that we've got bad service because a large table on business expenses was next to us!

Outside dining would be perfect (we're from the UK, it's a novelty!) and maybe somewhere we could stay for a drink afterwards.

I've been looking at the forums and really liked the look and sound of Jackalope Ranch but the reviews on yelp are really bad! Have also looked at LGs or the Chop House? Am I correct in thinking we'd be ok without a reservation at that time of week?

We're staying at the Riviera and plan to eat at their restaurant one night unless I hear that's a really bad idea!

Thanks!

Level Contributor
35,916 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best meat/bbq restaurant with outdoor seating

BluEmber @ Rancho Las Palmas has a really nice outdoor patio and great food. :).

Hummelstown, pa
Level Contributor
294 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best meat/bbq restaurant with outdoor seating

I would have to vote for LG's. Right on the strip with a nice patio for people watching and fantastic steaks.

Jackalope is a very long distance from you in Indio. It would be a 45 minute drive each way.

My favorite outdoor dining is at Jillian's on the patio. Food is to die for and everything is good. Upscale so you should dress accordingly. Enjoy!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,111 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best meat/bbq restaurant with outdoor seating

The Jackalope is fun and the food is not bad.....large menu.

But it's a LONG hike from Palm Springs.

LG's for steaks.......

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best meat/bbq restaurant with outdoor seating

Jackalope has beautiful grounds but it is quiet a drive from PS. There are better steaks closer to PS where you are staying.

I like LG's very much. Last year we tried the restaurant at the Riviera and were really happy with our meals. They have indoor/outdoor seating, live entertainment, fire pits, twinkly lights.

Have a good time.

Canada
Level Contributor
741 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best meat/bbq restaurant with outdoor seating

Because you said casual, I would recommend Babe's BBQ in Rancho Mirage. They have a pretty nice patio and the food is quite tasty.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best meat/bbq restaurant with outdoor seating

Sounds like an overwhelming vote for LGs! Will have a look at Babe's too! Thanks!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,941 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best meat/bbq restaurant with outdoor seating

Look at the Cork Tree too.

I do love LG's though.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best meat/bbq restaurant with outdoor seating

Jackalope Ranch was outstanding. Great place to go. Make sure you order the ribs.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,111 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best meat/bbq restaurant with outdoor seating

Once again....it's about a 45 minute drive from Palm Springs to the Jackalope.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best meat/bbq restaurant with outdoor seating

We went to LG's last night for dinner. You can't miss! It was also Villagefest, so walked around the street fair after our delicious meal.

If you are there on a Thursday, do both!