We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sea mountain inn& spa palm springs

CA
Level Contributor
180 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
sea mountain inn& spa palm springs

Has anybody stayed here recently? Would like to know the real deal on tis resort. The website is not that good. There are no reviews and hard to get info. I understand it is a lifestyle resort but am not sure.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sea mountain inn& spa palm springs

Where is it? Ive never heard of it...and Im an "expert" HA HA HA

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,900 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sea mountain inn& spa palm springs

I think people have written about it before here, and that it is not just clothing optional but also a kind of a "swingers" atmosphere.

I fyou are looking for a nice ,classy clothing optional place(but not "swinging") then Terra Cotta Inn is nice and also Living Waters

Pasadena
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sea mountain inn& spa palm springs

Yes, stopped by in Sept 06. Just an upgrade from the San Marcos Inn. Anything particular you want to know other than what has been posted?

CA
Level Contributor
180 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sea mountain inn& spa palm springs

would like to know about the spa, rooms,crowd and general atmosphere

Pasadena
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sea mountain inn& spa palm springs

I wouln't consider Sea Mountain in the sense of a 'Spa', particularly if you are thinking of steam-sauna-ect. You may very well be able to obtain a massage, but it's not why people go there. The crowd is different every single time you go and it not only depends on you, but also how 'assertive' the other couples might be. The rooms are upgraded in decor and pleasant and about what you would expect from a property that has 10-12 room that surround a pool and jazucci (+playarea). Personally we feel that a smaller crowd can limit the variety of people, but you would know that if you were 'lifestyle experienced'. If this is your first experience you might want to consider other options or an exit strategy.

Corona, Ca
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sea mountain inn& spa palm springs

My wife and I were guests in August. It is a nude resort with a lifestyle twist. It was extremely sexy with public displays of affection and pds not unusual. We were first timers and felt very comfortable and found ourselves caught up in the whole atmosphere. If you are sexy, adventurous and looking for something different then this is the place for you. The outside does not do the place justice. Wait until you get inside. It is well kept and laid out perfect. If you desire privacy you can have it. We are looking to visit again soon.

CA
Level Contributor
180 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sea mountain inn& spa palm springs

what was the age group?

Southern CA
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: sea mountain inn& spa palm springs

Huh. I've been to Desert Shadows Inn in Palm Springs , but its been about 2 years. Was looking to go again, but according to Desert Shadows' website, they're closed. Bummer. So I was looking for an alternative in the Palm Springs area. But not interested in swinging, just want to hang out in a c/o atmosphere. Sounds like I'll probably skip the Sea Mountain Inn though, since it sounds like its more about swinging

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sea mountain inn& spa palm springs

auntie

What about Terra Cotta Inn?

Gets good reviews

CA
Level Contributor
180 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sea mountain inn& spa palm springs

Auntie Green, we have stayed at Terra Cotta and Living Waters. Preferred Terra Cotta since it was closer to downtown Palm Springs. More options for dining. Seemed like there were more couples at terra Cotta. Cant't really go wrong with either of these if you want to relax and be nude in the sun. Neither are swing places.