We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Sept 2 -Angeles Forest Highway on LA -Tahoe 395 Route

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Help! Sept 2 -Angeles Forest Highway on LA -Tahoe 395 Route

As part of a longer extended (hopefully substantially "backroads") trip from Los Angeles to Southeastern Washington next week, I am trying to figure out a nice but not totally onerous back way to 395 North.

At the moment I am planning to take I5 North for a bit, get off on Route 14 between San Fernando and Newhall, and take Route 14 (through Palmdale, Lancaster, Mojave, and passing near InyoKern / Ridgecrest) until in joins 395.

Assumign that route itself would not be incredibly slow (I know anything is slower than 395, but would like to go as much of the distance between LA and 395 as possible traveling say 40-55 MPH), is an even more obscure route scenic and / or feasible? I am thinking instead of going through the Angeles National Forest (that is, going through La Canada / Flintridge, taking Highway 2, and then taking the Angeles Forest Highway, through Silend Springs, and joining back up with Route 14 below Palmdale).

Sorry for the long post but if anyone has experience driving through the Angeles National Forest it would be helpful to me

1. Re: Help! Sept 2 -Angeles Forest Highway on LA -Tahoe 395 Route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Palmdale