We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This Palmdale Forum is Outdated!!!

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
261 reviews
Save Topic
This Palmdale Forum is Outdated!!!

It says that there are only 2 things to do in Palmdale, and say, HEY, there are at least 3 if you include Charlie Browns on Pearblossom Hwy...plus visiting family or business stuff. Lots of cool desert and Joshua trees too. The restaurant list needs to be updated. There are many more good ones than listed here at TA.

1 reply
Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This Palmdale Forum is Outdated!!!

Hello, Eddie, and welcome to the Palmdale forum.

I'm well aware of what the Palmdale pages say. . . it's in my front yard. You're right, of course, there's things to do in Palmdale. . . and definitely within the Antelope Valley as a geographic region comprising eastern Kern County and northern Los Angeles County.

I've already emailed TripAdvisor staff of some steps they may take to enhance the Palmdale information at least in part. It's an ongoing process, of course. More to be added over time. Restaurant listings have been added at my initiative, but no reviews as yet. In process. . .

Since I am a volunteer member like yourself, and not paid staff, this will take time. Higher priority with me and with TA in general is answering member's questions on the forums. Palmdale's forum is rather quiet, so it gets less attention from me than I would like. . . so no favoritism, even from me.

Charlie Brown's has been mentioned by me at least a few times on different forums, often California or Los Angeles. That's where the eyeballs are and TA website traffic is. All for the good. It's actually in the town of Littlerock (unincorporated Los Angeles County), and not within the City of Palmdale. But I understand your point.

If you would like to get this issue addressed where paid TA staff may read the posts more than they will here, I'd recommend going to what's called the Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better forum, whose link is here: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12104-Help_us_…

Hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Reply to: This Palmdale Forum is Outdated!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palmdale