We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help needed

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help needed

Hi we have been to california a couple of times and are aiming to go again next year. 2 adults and 3 "young " adults, 19, 19, 22. Have thought about pasadena as possible few day stop, but dont really know too much about it. The youngsters will want shopping / malls and young things to do. Can anyone help with the area? Is there lots to do etc?

The only hotel we have found in our price range with good reviews etc is the Best Western, is that well placed. Dont want to have to drag the car out everytime the kids want to go somewhere on their own.

What attractions and things to do are in the area. We are thinking May next year. Any help and advice gratefully received, thanks

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,360 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help needed

Hi,

It might help folks to know what you have already seen/done on your previous visits to California? Pasadena is a city just outside of LA so there are lots of things to see/do in in the surrounding area but you may have already done them??

No one can tell from your post what your aims are?

I have stayed there on a local staycation when I wanted to visit the nearby Huntington Gardens but you may want to use it as a base to visit more of the LA attractions??

Where else are you going?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,665 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help needed

Pasadena is one of my favorite cities in the LA area. For young (and maybe not so young), there is Old Town, a vibrant shopping and restaurant district. There is also a shopping mall nearby. If you like museums, be sure to visit the Huntington Library and the Norton Simon and the Pacific Asia Museum. For parks, there is the LA Arboretum. Just south of Pasadena is the best concentration of Chinese restaurants in the US, You can also take light rail to downtown LA.

I think there are two Best Westerns in Pasadena. We have stayed in both They are nice clean places.

3. Re: help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2018, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Pasadena