We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Downtown

Toronto
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Year's Downtown

Hi,

I'm staying at the Westin Pasadena /going to the Rose Bowl parade and game this January.

Was wondering if there are places to go on New Year's eve, was thinking a bar with live music/nothing super fancy.

Any recommendations?

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Downtown

Okay. Since Pasadena on New Years eve is a very crazy place to be, many don't usually venture to many of the great restaurants on that evening. Specifically because its a logististics nightmare. There are some restaurants who do a New year's eve thing and also some local hotels. Also, try other local cities like So Pasadena, Alhambra, Arcadia. Try this website as well. Good luck!

http://www.oldpasadena.com/

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Downtown

crazy, get in early, avoid Colorado.

Pasadena
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Downtown

since you're staying at the Westin, I'm listing places you can walk or taxi to...walk down to Colorado Blvd. and head west... you can easily walk to the Paseo or if you don't want to walk, taxi further west to Old Town. Lucky Baldwins on Raymond, just south of Colorado Blvd. is good for beer, a good time, very casual (need to check if music or not that night). Also Delacey Street Bar and Grill (further west, just south of Colorado)..comfortable full bar- used to have music tho' not sure since changed owners a while back. Some 'classier' locations include Vertical Wine Bar and Red+White+bluezz (you may even need a res. at either of these on NYEve)...RWB has great jazz blues music...(just down the street from Lucky B.'s Raymond/Green St.). Old Towne Bar is at Union and Fair Oaks, off the alley...locals rock and roll bar....salsa at the place at the n/w corner of Union and Raymond (can't recall the name). Multitude of other places in Old Town on Colorado west of Arroyo Parkway. My vote would be with either Lucky B's. or R+W+b depending on your mood.

Paseo Colorado has a number of chain restaurants, some with bars, but no music (e.g., PF Changs, a churrascura place). The Pasadena Jazz institute may have something going and music is always good - check passjaz.org

There is also the bar at McCormick and Schmicks, just across the courtyard from the Westin, "out your back door", tho no music to my knowledge.

(Note: Colorado is your safest east/west walking route- Walnut and Union both get a little iffy for walking in the late evening).

Pasadena, California
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Downtown

Freds Mexican Cafe in Old Town Pasadena is having a party. It's not only affordable but it will be casual and fun.

$35 buffet from 7pm-9pm includes your own table to party through the night.

$20 cover after 9pm. Dance floor plays top 40 and hip-hop. Full bar available and it's open until 2am.

I do recomend getting in early b/c people start to camp out for the Rose Parade.

You can call Freds for pre-sale tickets. 626-304-9955

5. Re: New Year's Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 03:19