We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E. Colorado to S. Orange Grove on Rose Parade day

Which Pasadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
133 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
E. Colorado to S. Orange Grove on Rose Parade day

Hi..

I'm going to be staying at the Ramada in Pasadena (formerly Kingston Inn), and have grandstand tickets on S. Orange Grove. I have a rental car, and purchased the parking permit for S. Orange Grove seating. Two questions:

1.) Is there a relatively easy way to get from my hotel to my grandstand seating without using my car? (what kind of distances am I looking at?)

2.) With the rental car, how much time should I factor in getting from my hotel to the parking on parade morning?

Thanks ahead of time for any and all input!!

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E. Colorado to S. Orange Grove on Rose Parade day

Hi, If I'm not mistaken,do you know your hotel is actually on the parade route? Also, your tickets are for at the beginning of the parade which is actually the best location to be but may be a bit of a hassle from where your staying. If you still want to go, your best bet would be to head south to Delmar or California blvd and make a right (west) all the way to Orange Grove then make another right (north) to the grandstands. Have fun!

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,847 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: E. Colorado to S. Orange Grove on Rose Parade day

Your tickets are for the most prime viewing spot-- the beginning of the parade, near where the TV cameras are set up, and where the performers do their best stuff. So I would use those tickets. If you want to try using public transit, check on the tournement of roses website for details. There is no rail line station near the Orange Grove location. The previous poster gave you good advice for driving, to make a sort of "U" around the main traffic areas by heading south before you head west. Give yourself LOTS of time in the morning though. The traffic around Orange Grove will be intense, and there will likely be unexpected detours... but there will also be lots of people directing traffic who can advise you how to best get to your parking lot. Have fun!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
133 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: E. Colorado to S. Orange Grove on Rose Parade day

Thanks to the two posters for your advice. Will be printing it out before I head west! :-)

Los Angeles
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: E. Colorado to S. Orange Grove on Rose Parade day

If I were you, I would take the gold line at Allan to either the Memorial satiation or Del Mar Station. Personally, I would exit Del Mar walk up half a block to Green Street and walk the 5-6 blocks to Orange Grove because Colorado will be packed. I work in front of the parade route near old town and even though the city doesn’t allow people to line up on the parade route until noon tomorrow, traffic is already heavier than usual on Colorado.

5. Re: E. Colorado to S. Orange Grove on Rose Parade day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 18:22