We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking and hotel for Eminem show

Lone Pine, Ca
Level Contributor
77 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Parking and hotel for Eminem show

I need some advice on the best place to park and stay for the Eminem concert Aug 8th. Is it better to get a room some distance away and take the gold line or is the shuttle from Parsons better? 4 adults 2 teenagers and looking for the least amount of stress getting in and out. I read that there are no taxi drop off points at Rose Bowl and not familiar with the area(s) so I appreciate hearing from the experts out there. Thank you!

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
219 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking and hotel for Eminem show

Well I hope others post some advice, because I'm curious as well.

We saw U2 there in 2009 and took a shuttle bus in and that part was easy. But when we left, the line to get on the bus was so huge (and unorganized) and after waiting in it for 30-45 minutes and barely making any progress, we ended up walking back to our car, which was about 3 miles. If I hadn't of just gotten an iphone with GPS, I'm not sure how we would've made it back. The area around the Rose Bowl is residential and not easy to find your way out if you're not familiar with it, especially at midnight! I hope the system has gotten better or somebody will post some helpful information. Because all I can suggest right now is to wear comfortable shoes!

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking and hotel for Eminem show

Check the Gold Line schedule before deciding-- it runs late on weekends, but not so late on weekdays.

I'm sure there is some parking at the Rose Bowl. Have you looked into this? If you park there, obviously expect to get in a traffic jam getting in and out. You'll need patience.

If you want to take the Gold Line, the Memorial Park Station is @ two blocks from the Parsons lot, where there is a shuttle for some events (I don't know anything about this one; check the website for your concert). If the wait for the shuttle is long, the walk is 1.75 miles, not 3 miles. We have done that walk several times, as my family likes the walk better than the wait for the shuttle. The Rose Bowl is in a ravine so the walk back will be uphill.

3. Re: Parking and hotel for Eminem show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 05:17