We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

confused about TAP card

Which Pasadena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
68 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
confused about TAP card

I'm so confused after reading the LA Metro website. I have successfully figured out how to use subways in Boston, NYC, Paris, and my hometown of DC. However I was not able to find information that I need on the LA Metro website.

Do you purchase a TAP card at a retail location (not at the subway station) and then load money on the TAP card using the machine at the subway? I found a list of different stores that sell the TAP card in Pasadena. I'm actually asking this for my son who is in Pasadena and will be taking public transportation to the airport to fly home this weekend.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,892 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: confused about TAP card

You might want to post this question on the LA forum, which sees much more traffic.

You can buy the TAP card at the machines at the station. Then add money for the ride. All on the same machine.

Virginia
Level Contributor
68 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: confused about TAP card

That is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!

3. Re: confused about TAP card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Pasadena