We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay for a night in Pasadena

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Best area to stay for a night in Pasadena

Hi,

I've decided to stay in Pasadena for a night and day en route from Santa Barbara to Palm Springs in October in midweek. Can anyone recommend a hotel (under$200 a night) suitable for a couple in our early 30s, within easy reach of the main restaurant and downtown shopping area? And which streets are the main area? I hear that there is a decent pedestrianized street but can't find it on my map!

Los Angeles, CA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay for a night in Pasadena

Sharaton is very close within walking distance to Colorado Blvd. (main street) and Old Town Pasadena. Other options are Westin Pasadena on Los Robles, The Langham (formerly The Ritz-Carlton).

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay for a night in Pasadena

Langham is a lovely old grand hotel but it is located in a very upscale and quiet residential area, a 10 minute drive from anyplace lively.

You probably want to be near Old Pasadena, the liveliest and most fun area of Pasadena, centered at the corner of Fair Oaks and Colorado Blvd. Courtyard by Marriott is right in the middle of it, walking distance from dozens of restaurants, plus all the shops and theaters there. It is often under $200 a night, and if it is, I'd stay there. A less expensive option, just a few blocks away, is the Pasadena Inn, a non-chain motel.

Sheraton and Westin are not too far, but you'd possibly want to drive to Old Pasadena.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
24,528 posts
5,483 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay for a night in Pasadena

Agree with Pasca - we have stayed at many Pasadena hotels until we finalized on our favorite. We stayed athe Omni, Sheraton, Langham, etc. and then we found the perfect location to walk to everything was Marriott Courtyard. It is a nicely run hotel. It is 5 minutes walk to a Cheesecake Factory restaurant that ends up being our go to place when we arrive late Friday nights. Lots of restaurants within a few minutes walk. Pool area is nice - I swim year round there - even in January.

By the way Langham is very nice - but not close to anything, you need to drive everywhere but is probably the most historic and most pretty hotel in the area.

Edited: 09 August 2014, 08:53
4. Re: Best area to stay for a night in Pasadena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Pasadena