We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Bellasera Hotel - Still Opening June 1st??

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
145 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
La Bellasera Hotel - Still Opening June 1st??

Two couples are going to be in Paso Robles August 16, 17, 18 and are seriously considering booking La Bellasera Hotel. However, what are the chances it will actually be open.

Their website doesn't offer a phone number. They have a form for making "Advance Reservations" but I don't want to make reservations banking on them opening in June only to find out too late that they won't be open for business until September or something.

I know it was being built last summer as my husband and I were in Paso Robles and stayed at The Hampton Inn which is right next to La Bellasera.

We could stay at The Hampton Inn again but I thought it would be nice to try the brand new place.

Anyone know anything?

Frazier Park...
Level Contributor
451 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Bellasera Hotel - Still Opening June 1st??

Hi,

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. They were supposed to be open October '06, and I had a reservation that had to be cancelled, since they still aren't open...I'd recommend a place already in business, like a b&b (there are some great ones) or the Paso Robles Inn.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
145 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Bellasera Hotel - Still Opening June 1st??

L.A. Native;

Thanks for your reply. You're probably right ... we shouldn't hang our hats on the hotel actually being open for business in August. There must be money problems or something that keeps pushing the opening. When we were staying at The Hampton Inn last year the Bellasera was almost fully built so something has to be wrong somewhere.

I would like to stay in a B&B but I don't know that the couple we are travelling with are B&B types. We went to the Wild Coyote tasting room last year and the B&B accommodations looked very interesting. However on a weekend the rates are more than I want to pay ($275 a night I think).

I was thinking about the Carlton Hotel in Atascadera (sp.) but I've read that there's basically nothing of interest near or around it although the hotel itself is very nice. Any thoughts on the Carlton?

We are definitely (I should say "I" am definitely as I am the "tour guide - restaurant picker") going to have dinner at Artisan and also I like McPhee's in Templeton (at least I did last year when my husband and I had dinner there).

I want to take our friends around to lots of the wineries and to see the beautiful rolling hills. In August they'll be that lovely golden, straw colour ... I just love that look.

My husband and I have done the wineries in Paso twice (last year and perhaps two years before that). I've got quite a collection of wine glasses at home from various wineries. They give a nice Riedel glass at one of the wineries (Turley I believe) with your $10 tasting fee. Tobin James was a lot of fun and I think our friends would enjoy it too. We're planning on being in Paso Aug. 18 and 19 (Sat. and Sun. nights).

Also the men like local brews so we'll probably have to drop in to the Firestone (??) brewery for a glass or two.

Getting kind of excited now ... just need to find somewhere to sleep.

Frazier Park...
Level Contributor
451 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Bellasera Hotel - Still Opening June 1st??

Hi,

The Carlton in Atascadero looks really nice (I've only had dinner there). Although it may not be near anything too interesting, it is just a few blocks from the 101, so it is very easy to get to the wineries & restaurants in the area.

The Paso Robles Inn is not as nicely appointed, but is walking distance to a lot of nice shops/restaurants & right across the street from the main park. I've stayed there numerous times, & recommend a spa room in the ballroom building (the garden rooms are nice, but have very thin walls). There is also a new 'boutique' hotel opening called Cheval.

I also love Turley's wines, even though they are a little expensive. The 2002 Ueberroth zin was my favorite wine ever. I highly recommend a jaunt out to Silver Horse; fantastic wine & beautiful views. You can relax & play horseshoes or bocce ball.

We are renting a house for the weekend of the wine festival; I'll post a report with my impressions. That could be a nice option for you and your friends. The house we are renting has three bedrooms, a doughboy pool & hot tub on two acres (mojorisinranch.com).

Good luck with accomodations, & let me know if I can be of any help. Have a great trip!

Frazier Park...
Level Contributor
451 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Bellasera Hotel - Still Opening June 1st??

Forgot to mention: instead of using wine charms, we buy two glasses at each winery (set aside one in case of breakage), then each of our guests when we entertain has a glass from a different winery...

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: La Bellasera Hotel - Still Opening June 1st??

The most recent hotel opening in Paso Robles was Hotel Cheval, located downtown near the square.

I haven't been yet since it just opened last month but supposed to be a boutique upscale property with rates $200 and up midweek, $325 and up weekends.

http://www.hotelcheval.com/

New Orleans
Level Contributor
33 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Bellasera Hotel - Still Opening June 1st??

My husband and I are staying at the Carleton during the wine festival weekend -- I will report back on the property and surrounding area. We had a hard time finding any accommodations that weekend so I'm grateful we got something, even if it's a few minutes away. The website looks very nice but I have also heard there's not much going on in the immediate vicinity of the hotel.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
145 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Bellasera Hotel - Still Opening June 1st??

As usual, I changed my mind completely and now we (2 couples) are booked for two nights (weekend) at The Summerwood Inn.

I decided I wanted to be pampered and have the full-on B&B experience. As I mentioned, our friends haven't really stayed at B&Bs so I thought I'd pick what seems to be a really nice one and hope they like it.

The Summerwood Inn does a four course dinner with wines on the Saturday night but I think we will opt to go to "Artisan" for dinner on the Saturday night and then maybe McPhee's on the Sunday night.

Now for the anticipation.

Frazier Park...
Level Contributor
451 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Bellasera Hotel - Still Opening June 1st??

Hi, gemmom,

I think you won't be too inconvenienced by staying in Atascadero; it really is a short drive to Paso & the wineries. You can literally see the Carlton from the 101. There is even a quaint little zoo in Atascadero, & if you like Harley gear, a great Harley store off the 101. I think you'll have a great time at the festival; we always do. You'll have time to do some touring before, also. I'll have to keep my ears open for southern accents :).

Boxer4, Summerwood looks just lovely, I think you'll enjoy staying there, also.

Have great trips!

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
222 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Bellasera Hotel - Still Opening June 1st??

Hi, we are staying at the Hotel Cheval over memorial day and will post a review when we get back.

Patuli

10. Re: La Bellasera Hotel - Still Opening June 1st??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 10:18