We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

winery and lunch

Which Paso Robles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
2 posts
Save Topic
winery and lunch

We will be traveling though Paso Robles on our way to Cambria in early April. Can anyone suggest a good winery and lunch stop along the way?

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,422 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: winery and lunch

This thread should help:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32861-i1414-k4272…

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
43 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: winery and lunch

Although there are dozens of fine wineries in our north County region, Caparone Winery (http://www.caparone.com/) produces the wonderful unfiltered, unpasteurized wines you would find in a rural Italian cantina. The tasting room, as the wine, is rustic and unpretentious. The Aglianico is our favorite.

Thai Basil on the downtown Paso Robles park is consistently fine and moderately priced. A little further down Highway 101 (but by no means out of your way) is McPhee's Grill in the little town of Templeton. Here is the website: http://www.mcphees.com It is a bit pricey, but excellent and memorable.

Welcome to our area. We know you will enjoy it.

Charlotte, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: winery and lunch

What is the approximate driving time from down Paso to Caparone?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
43 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: winery and lunch

About 15 minutes total drive time. Head north on Spring Street to 24th Street. Turn left ( west ) on 24th - which becomes Nacimiento Lake Drive - for 5.5 miles, then turn right on San Marcos Road and go 1.5 miles. Winery is on left.

paso Robles
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: winery and lunch

There are about 200 wineries in Paso Robles. I would suggest simply grabbing a picnic lunch in town and heading out for a winery for a picnic in the vineyards. Odyssey World Cafe has great sandwiches and salads and desserts. For a picnic lunch, I would recommend one of the more obscure wineries on the west side because the scenery is gorgeous. It is in the hills and there are streams and oaks and deer and wild turkeys wandering by. Having said that, Tobin James, which is way out on the East side, is my favorite winery for their combination of great wines plus a really relaxed and fun atmosphere.

6. Re: winery and lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 21:18