We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your perfect day of wine tasting?

Houston
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Your perfect day of wine tasting?

I've been combing through Paso Robles posts and have gotten lots of delicious ideas for breakfast, lunch, picnic, and dinner. We will have one full day for wine tasting and a picnic, so I would like some input about which wineries to visit. We are great fans of zins and enjoy syrah, petite sirah, etc - so bold reds are our favorites. Which wineries would you want to visit if you only had one day? Is there a particular winery that is perfect for a picnic? I'm in charge of planning, but there are 8 of us - I'd like to set the itinerary ahead of time so that I can call ahead and reserve (seems like many places appreciate a heads up when it's 8 people coming by)

Thanks!

Uncorked Wine Tours
Wineries & Vineyards, Taxis & Shuttles, Beer Tastings & Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
My Wine Driver
Wine Tours & Tastings
The Wine Line
Wine Tours & Tastings
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Your perfect day of wine tasting?

Thanks TXTrish: This thread was useful when we visited couple of weeks ago. Thought you might like this writeup of Jada: www.pasoroblespress.com/v2_news_articles.php…

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Your perfect day of wine tasting?

Excellent trip report! I haven't tried Paso yet, and your experience makes me want to book something now.

For your future trip, try stopping in Los Olivos. It's a cute town full of tasting rooms. Like Paso, many of the places are closed on Mondays and/ or Tuesdays.

Also in between Los Olivos and Paso is a great restaurant called The Range in Santa Margarita.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Margarita
Santa Margarita
San Luis Obispo County, CA
13. Re: Your perfect day of wine tasting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Paso Robles