We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant/Nightlife

Blowing Rock, NC
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant/Nightlife

I am taking my wife to her hometown of Petaluma for our wedding anniversary this June. I am hoping to find some recommendations for good restaurants as well as spots for music at night. We enjoy any kind of food, and our music tastes range from jazz to rock. I really appreciate it!

Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant/Nightlife

Haz, I've been watching this forum because I have a trip to the area planned for fall, but it's dead here. You'd be better off posting on the Sonoma forum.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
875 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant/Nightlife

http://chefmoz.org/United_States/CA/Petaluma/Stormy's_Bloomfield_Tavern_1064027221.html

I am from this area originally and this is the place for good steak and lobster. A bit of a drive, but it is pretty out in the country.

For prom, lots used to go here

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=&q=graziano%27s&near=Petaluma,+CA&sa=X&oi=local&ct=title

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant/Nightlife

McNear's Saloon and Dining House, and its Mystic Theatre offers drinks, dining and music (www.mcnears.com) in a fun atmosphere. Your wife will remember the nicely restored historic bldg. You can check the Mystic's schedule to see who'll be performing when you're there. Downtown Petaluma is so full of great restaurants these days, it's very hard to choose. A couple of my favorites are: Central Market at 42 Petaluma Blvd. and Hiro's (www.hirosrestaurant.com) at 107 Petaluma Blvd. Also, a couple of old-timers that are still as popular and good as ever are: Graziano's Ristorante at 170 Petaluma Blvd., and De Schmire at 304 Bodega Ave. For some additional ideas you can check www.visitpetaluma.com. The Petaluma riverfront is undergoing an incredible revival and development with high-density residential and commercial complexes going in like crazy. Fortunately, most are being built so they will meld with Petaluma's historic architecture. If your wife hasn't been back in many years she'll be astonished at what has changed (some good and some bad). And yet, the beautiful Victorians along "D" St. are still there and more gorgeous than ever.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant/Nightlife

Another place for live music is SoHo (www.sohopetaluma.com) at 21 Fourth St. in Petaluma. They also have a wine bar AND an art gallery there.

Blowing Rock, NC
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant/Nightlife

Thank you so much for your help. Luckily we planned enough time to see all that has been suggest, as well as a few wineries.