We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pismo Hotel Help!

Which Pismo Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
34,525 posts
890 reviews
Save Topic
Pismo Hotel Help!

Trying to decide between the BW Shore Cliff Lodge vs. The Seacrest for an upcoming stay in Pismo Beach. Would love to hear opinions on those who have stayed at both places. Does anyone know if Ventana Grill does room service for the Shore Cliff? It looks like the Shore Cliff boasts the largest outdoor pool in Pismo which is a nice plus. We have stayed several times at The Cliffs in many different rooms. We love it there but are considering trying somewhere new. Thanks! :)

Thousand Oaks...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pismo Hotel Help!

I would for sure stay at the SeaCrest over the Shore Cliff. The SeaCrest has a more modern feel to it, the rooms are breathtaking , and the staff is wonderful. Although they may not have the largest pool they do have a heated pool and three hot tubs with ocean views. They also have direct beach access where you can walk to the pier from the hotel They also have a great lawn area, BBQs, and fire pits so you can hang out outside even when the evening coastal breeze comes..Good luck deciding!

Level Contributor
34,525 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pismo Hotel Help!

Thank you! I am leaning towards the SeaCrest. Their website says that Marie Callendar's is on-site. Do they provide room service for this property? Also, is their athletic club right at the hotel? I want a fitness center since we will be there for a few nights. :)

Thousand Oaks...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pismo Hotel Help!

Yes Marie Callendar's does their room service. There is no athletic club on property but the Pismo Beach Athletic Club does $10 day passes and it is a really nice gym. It is also fun to do your workouts on the beach just below the property, the front desk has beach towels you can bring with you so you do not get sandy!

Level Contributor
34,525 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pismo Hotel Help!

NIce! What room type did you stay in? I can get a King Oceanview room for $111 through Am Ex. Is it worth it to pay an extra $40/night for the Signature Deluxe room with the sitting area? Both rooms have balconies. :)

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,747 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pismo Hotel Help!

syrahgirl

Friends who have stayed at the Seacrest recommend getting a "corner" room, which, I believe, is the room with the sitting area. The corner rooms have windows on both sides allowing a greater view of the ocean & coastline.

And it's close enough to Ventana Grill that you can walk there.

Level Contributor
34,525 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pismo Hotel Help!

Thanks! Can't wait to have the chocolate fonude again at Ventana! :)

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pismo Hotel Help!

Been a member of PBAC for 15 years and attend daily. GREAT gym, great staff, schedule of classes, Olympic length pool, hot tub, sauna, massages, weight room and equipment. Often have special events. If you want any specfic info let me know when you'll be here and what you're interested in. You'll need it after the chocolate fondue!

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pismo Hotel Help!

Wish I was going.

Thousand Oaks...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pismo Hotel Help!

Ya, I have stayed in both room types and I think if you are looking for a romantic getaway the signature deluxe room is the best option. It is a little bigger and has robes and the view is nicer. Both rooms are nice though so you wont be disappointed wither way!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,747 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pismo Hotel Help!

Have you had Ventana's house made tortillas, syrahgirl? They serve them with 3 types of sauce AND honey butter!! YUM!!