We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pismo beach to Los Angeles

Which Pismo Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pismo beach to Los Angeles

Hi, I would be grateful for your expert suggestion. We are travelling from Pismo Beach to Los Angeles down town hotel on 21 of this month which is a Monday for 4 nights stay at LA. Is it possible for us to cover Santa Monica, Venice beach and Malibu before reaching the hotel. Then we will have 3 days for Disney land, Universal studio and Hollywood. Thanks

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,329 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pismo beach to Los Angeles

Please go to the LA forum and read the top questions Then you will know that Disneyland is not in LA but in Anaheim and the Anaheim forum will give you the best advise on where to stay.

Well from Pismo Beach sure you can just drive though the places you mentioned but you won't get much time to spend there. But LA itself takes 3-4 days to see

Edited: 03 October 2013, 02:24
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pismo beach to Los Angeles

I consider Malibu, Santa Monica and Venice to be three different day trips, really, and I think the drive in from Pismo has lots of things to see as well. You won't actually be touring these places if you do it in this time frame, you'll be driving through, occasionally finding parking and eating a meal or two.

Malibu can be driven through, or one can actually see the tidepools at Leo Carrillo, try to spot a celebrity at the Country Mart, hit the Zonker Harris accessway and see million dollar homes with or without celebrities (and with some amazing architecture...and erosion). Or skip all that.

But to also skip Santa Barbara and its beaches, and its lovely downtown (the El Paseo is definitely worth seeing) is to miss a major Southern California sight....to do what in Santa Monica (shop? amusement park?) and Venice (...just want to see it...best seen in sunny sunlight...)

I'd do Santa Barbara and Malibu and then head to my hotel. Do Santa Monica and Venice on one of your L.A. days (unless of course your days are going to be spent in Anaheim, at the Disney parks).

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pismo beach to Los Angeles

Thank you very much, I know its silly to ask LA questions in Pismo beach forum but in case you can help. We have booked our hotel in Down town, is it difficult to get to Disney land, Universal studio and Hollywood. as a day trips and how far is it. We will be driving Thanks

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,042 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pismo beach to Los Angeles

It will take a little over 3 hours to reach Malibu from Pismo Beach. Personally, I don't know what all the fuss over Malibu is, but I imagine they have some good beaches. I found the drive through there uninspiring.

I would opt for time in Santa Barbara over Malibu or Venice Beach, but I don't see how you could fit it all in with the shorter daylight hours that time of year.

Will getting around LA, Anaheim, etc. be difficult? Yes. Especially if you leave your hotel before 10 am. Expect a huge amount of commute traffic getting from Point A to Point B. I suspect the drive to Disney will take at least an hour to an hour and a half.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pismo beach to Los Angeles

Guys Thank you very much. You are all wonderful. Rose

6. Re: Pismo beach to Los Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 05:18