We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing & Camping @ Finnon Lake in Swansboro Placerville, CA

Placerville...
3 posts
Save Topic
Fishing & Camping @ Finnon Lake in Swansboro Placerville, CA

May 1st catch and release fishing will be open at Finnon Lake in Swansboro. The dam is finished and there's water in the lake! There are bass and blue gill. It's a $6 day use fee per carload.

Finnon Lake will be open for camping May 23, 2014, $20 per site per night.

Also, now open at Finnon Lake is:

Mosquito General - Market & Kitchen

9100 Rock Creek Rd.

Placerville, CA 95667

530-295-4980

Mosquito General is a general store and restaurant; serving hamburgers and sandwiches and selling everything from produce to candy.

We hope to get people up here to enjoy the lake and the campground. So we're trying to spread the word.

Signed,

Finnon Lake Lovers

2 replies to this topic
Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,806 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing & Camping @ Finnon Lake in Swansboro Placerville, CA

Wow! I know the Sierra pretty well and have never heard of those places. I'll try to get up there this coming season.

Sacramento
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing & Camping @ Finnon Lake in Swansboro Placerville, CA

Just camped there, June 2015. There's really not that much pros about this site as of today that I can put down. The bathroom is okay, but that's because it just reopened and there's not that many campers. As for the cons, there are dry weeds all around the camp area, which is not good when there's a campfire. There's a big lake but access to it is blocked with even higher weeds. Not so great for small children. There's a small clear path down to the lake, though you will have to go through someone's camp area to get there. Even when you get there, there's pretty much nothing or nowhere else to go because the sides are blocked by even more weeds. The online map shows a beach area, though I cant really see it when I got there. How deceiving. If you want to just park and camp for the night, I think that's okay. If you want to camp and explore and enjoy playing in the Lake, look else where. It would be really nice if they invest some money and make the lake accessible for children as well as get rid of the dreaded dry weeds that has no purpose, the campground would be much more attractive.

Reply to: Fishing & Camping @ Finnon Lake in Swansboro Placerville, CA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Placerville