We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

los angels is very distance in pleasanton?

Which Pleasanton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
los angels is very distance in pleasanton?

los angels is very distance in pleasanton?what travel is best? car driving or train travel?because my little one is come with me . please anybady is help me.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: los angels is very distance in pleasanton?

I think you've got Pleasanton confused with somewhere else.

Pleasanton is in the SF Bay Area, about 6-8 hours of driving from LA.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,653 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: los angels is very distance in pleasanton?

The big city close to Pleasanton is San Francisco. Los Angeles is far away. You can get into San Francisco easily by using a train. the local train system is calledBART

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: los angels is very distance in pleasanton?

A second option to LA from Pleasanton, is to take BART (local train system) to the Oakland, CA airport and looking for Southwest Airlines.

A third option is to catch Amtrak for train travel.

Car driving from Pleasanton is least expensive, if you need to rent a car anyway after flying or taking the train into LA. It may be more logistically convenient for having a little one around too.

Stockton, California
Level Contributor
38 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: los angels is very distance in pleasanton?

The problem with taking the AmTrak Train is that about 50% of it is by bus. No train service north past San Luis Obispo.

5. Re: los angels is very distance in pleasanton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 08:21
Get answers to your questions about Pleasanton