We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GEVC at Lighthouse Pointe and Point Arena in general

GEVC at Lighthouse Pointe and Point Arena in general

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2013, 22:02
California
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: GEVC at Lighthouse Pointe and Point Arena in general

Having been a long-time member of RCI Time Shares, I really was looking forward to staying at GEVC. I have never been disappointed with any RCI accommodation--until now. Though I was initially surprised at the outer appearance of the grounds (because none of the other RCI properties I have stayed at had the refurbished camp look going on) I did feel it had a sort of rustic charm to it. I also thought the insides were well executed and consistent with the other RCI standards, but I didn't feel the aesthetic value really warranted the $116 per day that appeared to be their going rate and I didn't like that the phone provided in the room wouldn't even make local calls. It's a good thing that although their website warned Sprint didn't receive service in their area, my cellphone somehow managed to make and receive calls, because the front desk associate had no idea about the hours or location of any of the local businesses.

That's where the real complaint lies--the so-called "customer service" and the management itself. After paying for the internet service and encountering a glitch on the technical side of things, I called the management for assistance. I was rudely informed by the front desk associate that the internet wasn't their problem and their was nothing they could (or would) do. I left a message for the manager to call me back. When we checked out several days later, my boyfriend spoke to him at length about all of the issues that we had and the manager displayed the same disregard for our situation, telling us the lack of internet reliability wasn't their "problem" and simply stating "I was busy" when we pointed out he had never called, though we had seen him on the premises the day before.

I would warn potential guests to also to be aware of the nickel-and-dime policies this "resort" employs, such as the extra cleaning charge for checking out on Tuesdays and a 50-cent charge for every item ordered "to go" from their on-site restaurant. It also offers none of the perks usually associated with a resort.

It would have been nice for an acknowledgement that a service they promised to provide wasn't, in fact, being delivered. Instead, their attitude was incredibly defensive, childish, and unprofessional. We might have been willing to return if they had handled our legitimate and respectful complaints with even a fraction of basic customer service. Customer service is a fundamental requirement for any job in this industry, but particularly when your guests are quite a few miles away from any other human contact, it would seem that a more concentrated effort on the seven service basics is necessary--I learned this during my own time as a front desk associate at an upscale hotel in a metropolitan area. I am completely at a loss as to how RCI can put their name and therefore their brand-name endorsement on the most poorly run establishment I have ever had the displeasure of staying at.

12. Re: GEVC at Lighthouse Pointe and Point Arena in general

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Point Arena