We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from San Francisco to quincy

Hatboro...
1 post
Save Topic
transportation from San Francisco to quincy

Hello--

Is there public transportation from San francisco to quincy? train or bus?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from San Francisco to quincy

That's a tough one. There is no Greyhound station or Amtrak station actually in Quincy.

Quincy seems to think you can figure it out by yourself, using their resource page:

americantowns.com/ca/quincy-traffic-trains

but all that does is list all the Amtrak and Greyhound stations in California! My cousins moved just outside of Quincy in order to be as far away from civilization as possible.

Chico and Reno would be the closest Greyhound stops, I think.

A search for dial-a-ride and taxis in Quincy yellow pages turns up nothing.

So I think you'll have to rent a car from Chico.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from San Francisco to quincy

Short answer: No.

Long answer: You can take Amtrak from San Francisco to either Oroville or Chico (via transfer in Sacramento), then rent a car for the remainder of the journey. As you'll discover, however, it's simpler to just rent the car directly from San Francisco, or at the very least Sacramento.

3. Re: transportation from San Francisco to quincy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 09:01
Get answers to your questions about Quincy