We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

down home Mexican restaurant within walking of Mission Inn

Which Riverside hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Barbara, CA
Level Contributor
38 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
down home Mexican restaurant within walking of Mission Inn

Any good Mexican restaurants within walking distance of Mission Inn? Any can't miss hole-in-the-wall restaurnats nearby? Thanks.

riverside, ca
Level Contributor
65 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: down home Mexican restaurant within walking of Mission Inn

Hi-

The mission inn has its own mexican restaurant, but it is very expensive and the service is below what you'd expect from this hotel. The Tamale Factory is on Main, just next to the hotel, but is only open for breakfast and lunch. The food is given to you cafeteria style, the prices are ok, and the food itself is good, not great. There is The Taco Station

down on University in a 1950s refurbished gas station. Their food is average quick Mexican, but the place is nicer. As far as a better hole in the wall, please go to Zacatecas at 2472 University Ave or Templo Del Sol at 1365 University Ave. Neither are walking distance but are a couple miles from the hotel(I wouldn't walk).

Zacatecas' hours are pretty screwy, so'd I'd call before I went. Templo Del Sol has standard hours, but beware Friday and Saturday nights, they are packed and service gets bad then. I prefer templo Del Sol myself.

Do not go to El Sarape if directed, just a warning. Otherwise, there are probably a bunch more I'm forgetting, but these are the closest to the hotel.

Happy eating!

2. Re: down home Mexican restaurant within walking of Mission Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 11:23