We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week long parking at Sacramento airport

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madera, California
1 post
Save Topic
Week long parking at Sacramento airport

Hello, we are flying out of Sacrament in May for a week and need to park our car at the airport in a safe location for this time period. Where can we park? How much is it per day? How close is it to the airport check-in? Thanks.

Kirk

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,747 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week long parking at Sacramento airport

Hi Kirk,

Welcome to the forum and I hope we can help. Unfortunately, all my personal experience at SMF these days is picking people up there so I haven't parked there but the website for SMF says that Economy Parking is $10.00 a day. I hope someone who has done this for a week will add information as we usually fly out of SFO and OAK and I'm uncomfortable leaving my car for that long out in a back lot. I've done it but usually try other altermatives. Try this though:

http://sacramento.aero/smf

What we often do when flying, which might appeal to you as you're coming from way down the Valley and can't really take a shuttle from your home, is stay in a Park-and-Fly hotel overnight one night and then the parking is FREE for up to two weeks. We've always found the security at these hotels to be good also (better than an Economy Lot). As I said, we do this when flying out of Oakland and San Francisco.

Looks like there are a number of Park-and-Fly hotels near Sacramento International with good brands (Hilton, Marriott, etc.). That might be an option, especially if you're coming from so far.

www.parksleepflyhotels.com/sacramento.html

Hope this helps and hope someone who has actually done this at SMF will chime in. Have a good trip.

Edited: 31 March 2013, 14:43
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,747 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Week long parking at Sacramento airport

On that last URL, try instead:

www.parksleepflyhotels.com/sacramento.htm

Missed edit window.

Lots of interesting options there.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Week long parking at Sacramento airport

http://sacramento.parksleepfly.com/ First few hotels on the list are clsoe to the airport, but some are far (e.g., Elk Grove, Auburn).

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,747 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Week long parking at Sacramento airport

The lists for the website are sorted by the ones closest to the airport being at the top. In case the OP doesn't know the territory, South Natomas is near the airport and the hotels have shuttles to SMF --- thus "park-sleep-fly."

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Week long parking at Sacramento airport

Where can we park?

I'd advise parking in the main parking garage that serves both Terminal A and B

How much is it per day?

$17.00 daily maximum charge

How close is it to the airport check-in?

There are covered walkways into each terminal, on level 2 going to Terminal A and on level 5 going to Terminal B. Some people find it just as easy to walk to walk into Terminal A from street level, Level 1.

There is long term parking, but as discussed, it is open-air, and aways from the terminals. Walking with luggage is not an option. I don't like anything about it, not the bus service (not timely) nor the security, nor the long lines to pay upon exiting from time to time.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,206 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Week long parking at Sacramento airport

We always park in the long-term lot. We've never encountered long lines and the shuttle buses have been convenient and timely. Much better than SFO or OAK. The price has gone up during the past few years but it's still a good deal at $10 per day.

Level Contributor
142 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Week long parking at Sacramento airport

We sometimes use the long term lot. Waits for shuttles are under 10 minutes. Security is ok, although not great.

The only things I would add are: (a) that parts of the lot are not paved, and if you're here in May your car may bake in the sun quite a bit. (Of course you know that being from Madera.); and (b) if you'll be coming back late at night, shuttle frequency can be significantly less and you may be out there in the relative dark all by your lonesome with your luggage. That part may not be fun or secure.

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
30 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Week long parking at Sacramento airport

Hello, This website is helpful! I am looking at the hotels that have these packages, and the hotels listed on the website are over $100/night. 'Currently looking at booking.com to see if there are less expensive options.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Week long parking at Sacramento airport

How many days will you need parking?

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
30 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Week long parking at Sacramento airport

I researched potential park-and-fly options in-and-around Sacramento, and the less expensive hotels have had some reviews that include security concerns. Also, they don't have shuttles. I ended-up going back to park-and-fly and booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn. I am paying cash for the first night, plus 11 days parking, but had enough timeshare points to use them for the return overnight stay. As it is, the Hilton Garden Inn's shuttle begins at 5am (ends 11pm), and I need to depart at about 4:30 am, so I will use Super Shuttle for the drive to the airport. I hope my research on park-and-fly options will help others. I could not find an "inexpensive" way to do it!