We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Congrats tripjunky

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,445 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Congrats tripjunky

Glad to see you've joined the DE team here on our little (semi-active) forum. It's about time! ;=)).

Nice to have extra experts to help with Traveler Articles and getting the Top Questions organized. Always enjoy reading your positive and informative posts on this forum and others. Welcome aboard!

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Congrats tripjunky

Congratulations, tripjunky! Good to see more DEs on the Sacramento forum You're an international traveler I see too. . . and have helped TripAdvisor members across the globe. Very impressive!

I'd offer you one of my best bones, but I suspect you'd rather not. (wide grin)

In time, the Sacramento forum will get more participation. Again, you are an asset on many different forums. Cheers!

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,342 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Congrats tripjunky

Congrats TJ! Have always enjoyed your posts. I do promise to visit Sacto in earnest one of these days. The Gold Country tour is on the to do list.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,445 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Congrats tripjunky

Underdog ---- that's what we're trying to do here. I'm working on Top Questions now which I hope we can flesh out to improve this special under-rated forum. We're the capital of the Great State of California --- for goodness sakes --- and my birthplace, so any help you can offer also would be welcomed. What would you like to see in Top Questions?

I know Tripjunky will be a huge asset, as I nominated him to be a DE. Hope it's OK to say that. ;=))

Maybe he'll blush when he returns here. <wink>

Edit for chinita ---- get on up here......you won't want to leave. My ancestors came for the Gold Rush in 1849 and we're still here. You will be captivated!

Edited: 02 January 2014, 21:23
Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Congrats tripjunky

Hi MarlySF. Long time no talk, eh? (smile)

If you take a look at how I've done several Top questions in my area or adjacent, you'll see I've oriented them into popular "hot topics" or worthwhile, timely information that tends to get asked a lot. Sometimes not. That's when I'll feature a little known attraction or place that not as many know about. I even make new posts/threads on topics that are good to be discussed. . . inventive lil' dog I am. . . (wags tail)

A Top question on taking a Capitol tour (and how to deal with the parking) would be good, as well as one on Old Town Sacramento, especially the State Railroad Museum. . . such a treasure! A Top question on some of the best museums in Sacramento, as well as some of the most underrated places would also be good. If I could spend more time there, with my love of history and museums, I'd likely never leave! (wide grin)

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,342 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Congrats tripjunky

Marly - you and TJ have written about the higlights of Sacto alot. Remember the one visitor who asked in SF and got the impression no one should visit y'all? Maybe start with a highlight tour. Even though Gold Country is not necessarily in Sacto proper, I would also like to see an article about the various sights related to the Gold Rush. I know you wrote about that in the past too when someone else asked.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Congrats tripjunky

Congrats tripjunky (or should I say "Santa?").

:)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,445 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Congrats tripjunky

He sounded like Santa on that one thread in SF, right WD? I've never met Tripjunky in person but am impressed with his additive value, wherever he posts. Fortunately, he agreed to do it. (More blushing from him when he returns, right?).

On Top Questions, which was my goal when I became a DE here 15 months ago, I'm definitely using certain forums as a model so thanks for that tip. I'm active on some (like Puerto Vallarta and SF) which are so robust that it's overkill. IOW, we can't do the same type of Top Questions as a forum with 35,000 topics or more.

One of the things I'm doing is going back through old posts to see what people have asked, several times. Also, as a Sacramento native, there are things that people hardly ever ask that would still be helpful over to the right. Day-trips is a given (spent my life doing that on week-ends) and museums and outdoor activities and early history. Eating (great food scene in Midtown, and elsewhere, lately). All of that and more.

I hope Tripjunky doesn't think I signed him up for something too time-consuming but he's up for the task. He may not have originated in Sacramento but he knows a lot and is great about willingly sharing his experiences. We've all benefitted from his contributions.

Hey --- I'm happy to know people are interested in what goes in Sacramento and on this quiet forum. Thanks to you all. We'll try to step it up a bit. It's really more exciting in Sac than the sleepy forum would indicate. Come on up! Having spent more than half my life in my birthplace, this past year, there are "things going on."

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,342 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Congrats tripjunky

Yes ma'am! Visiting dai fow (old school Chinese name for Sacramento meaning Big City) soon. Did you know that Stockton is call yee fow/Second City? Al;l due to Gold Rush era stuff

Hmm.. apparently there is dispute on which city is the Big and Second Dog... But in my own family, #1 is Sacramento, #2 is Stockton. www.yeefowmuseum.org/museum_proposal.html Maybe I should recheck that though. Anyway, the Chinese American experience in CA is an interest of mine obviously.

Edited: 02 January 2014, 22:24
Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,093 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Congrats tripjunky

Welcome to the DE world, tripjunky! :-)

Edited: 02 January 2014, 22:35
Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Congrats tripjunky

Well Marly, I was going to PM you and let you know that I had been contacted by TA but it looks like the cat is already out of the bag.

Thank you all for the kind words. I hope that I can be of help to those wishing to visit my fine little city.

Marly, no blushing here...just wide smiles! I'll have 50+ hours of travel time to kill on my upcoming trip. Maybe we can throw around some more ideas. Then I'll have something to work on in the air and at the airports.