We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Sacramento area

Solon
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Moving to Sacramento area

Hello everyone,

We are a family of 4 moving to Sacramento area and need help on deciding where to look for a house. We have been told to look in Roseville, Folsom, Rocklin and Fair Oaks. We are partial to Rocklin but our real estate person suggested Fair Oaks. We need good schools and safe neighborhoods. Could someone please help and advise us on which town would be more suitable and pros and cons of living there.

Thanks in advance.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Sacramento area

This is a travel forum; not a relocation one. As a result your posting will surely be closed soon.

Suggest you post here: http://www.city-data.com/

California
Level Contributor
686 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Sacramento area

This will be closed down. But all four areas are nice.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Sacramento area

If I were to Travel to Sacramento on an exploratory Trip to look for housing I would consider any of those you mentioned. As you Travel through town the commute from Roseville/Rocklin area into Sacramento will be a challenge. Rush hour on I-80 can be tough.

California
Level Contributor
686 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moving to Sacramento area

Oh, yes, thanks for mentioning that tripjunky. I rarely have to travel on I-80 so forgot about that. I'm glad that I rarely have to drive it. It gets so congested.

Solon
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moving to Sacramento area

Thank you for that information. So what highway would be less congested to get into Sacramento?

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moving to Sacramento area

"We have been told . . ." By whom and using what criteria? I agree, http://www.city-data.com/forum/ would best suit your needs. You'll get lots of input from people who have actually lived there, not just visited.

California
Level Contributor
686 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moving to Sacramento area

I do live here. And traffic on I80 stinks during rush hour.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,603 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moving to Sacramento area

I wouldn't choose Rocklin, Roseville, or Folsom for various reasons, the main one being the commute. It is a bear and I would not sign myself up for this daily hassle. Of course, it does depend on where you will be working.

Solon
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moving to Sacramento area

So, where would you suggest?

Solon
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Moving to Sacramento area

Thank you for replying. We have been told by the real estate agent.