We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Sacramento international airport

Montreal
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel near Sacramento international airport

Hello!

Im visiting Sacramento July 13th however my flight arrives around 12:15 AM.. Is there a car rental company open at this time in or near the airport? If not, what is a cheap hotel option very close to the hotel to stay until car rentals open ?

Also, since we will only be there for a few hours, what/where is the main tourist attraction? We should focus on Old Sacramento I gather?

Thanks ! :)

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,593 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Sacramento international airport

The Sacramento airport is north of Sacramento a little ways, so there really isn't much close by. The Four Points Sheraton may be the closest hotel - it is about 5 miles away. The best way to get there is probably a taxi at that time of night.

I checked a couple on-airport rental companies and it looks like their close at 12:30, so you would probably just miss them by the time you got off the flight. You might contact the companies directly and ask them what they recommend for someone on a 12:15 flight.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,169 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Sacramento international airport

My advice would be not to rent a car after that long flight and drive into Sacramento. Many hotels near airports have 24/7 shuttles which will pick you up (free) and take you to the hotel and then back to the airport the next morning to rent a car. The hotels in my AAA Guide near the airport are 5 to 6 miles away. The only one which advertises airport transportation is Four Points by Sheraton. If they have a shuttle running at that time of night there will be a place to call them in the airport. If not, then it is a taxi.

Good luck.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,404 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Sacramento international airport

Also, try the Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Airport Natomas. It's equi-distant to the Sacramento Airport (as the Four Points Sheraton). The best closest hotels.

They both have 24-hour airport shuttles. Both get good reviews. Holiday Inn Express is a little cheaper (in general) but also has a free breakfast which could help you out in the morning. Four Points has a restaurant but you'd have to buy your own breakfast. The Wi-Fi situation (and other amenities) are roughly equivalent.

At least those two should save you cab fare. I generally get my Sacramento hotels via Hotwire but I checked those rates for your date and as of today, it would be close to what you would pay going through the hotels themselves or a 3rd party site. May as well know that you have a 24-hour airport shuttle (and the name of the hotel) if the price is about the same.

Good luck. Yes, head down to Old Sacramento if you only have a short time in town (the river, riverboat, museums, a little shopping and history, scenery, etc.).

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Sacramento international airport

Another suggestion: take a cab to the Holiday Inn Express on 16th St, or Quality inn on 15th St., in Sacramento. From there in the morning, on Monday July 14th, you have three walkable choices virtually across or down 16th Street- Avis, Hertz or enterprise.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,956 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Sacramento international airport

Agree with Marly on the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Sacramento Airport as the nicest of the bunch.

If you can rent from one of the Downtown rental counters and return to the airport with no drop off charge, then going into Downtown is nicer, but if you can't, it isn't worth the cost or hassle.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,404 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Sacramento international airport

I also enjoy the Holiday Inn Express on 16th and G, as Dave mentioned. Stayed there several times recently. The one at the airport is newer though, as is everything in that area of Del Paso Road.

As above, it depends on whether somegirl wants the airport shuttle or the cab and/or picking up a car downtown or at SMF. Doesn't sound like she'll be in Sac too long so she has some choices.

7. Re: Hotel near Sacramento international airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 07:16