We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any help best hotel for $200 and under...no b & b's please.

Which St. Helena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
336 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Any help best hotel for $200 and under...no b & b's please.

Hi. We normally stay at the El Bonita ($99 a night) in St. Helena. Cheap and clean. We were hoping to stay somewhere a little nicer this time.I don't like B & B's however. Is there anything else...even in close neighboring cities. Everything I see is $400 plus. We are traveling Jan 28-Feb 1st. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! :)

Level Contributor
34,703 posts
891 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any help best hotel for $200 and under...no b & b's please.

In Calistoga there are some nice places. The Stevenson Manor, Comfort Inn North, Mt. View Hotel are places to check out.. The Indian Springs Resort is also a great place in Calistoga, the room at all of these places are under $400/night. Enjoy the wine country! :)

Napa
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any help best hotel for $200 and under...no b & b's please.

Have you tried the Rancho Caymus Inn in Rutherford? It's a nice hotel, only 6 min from St. Helena, 6 fromYountville!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
336 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any help best hotel for $200 and under...no b & b's please.

thank you...i was looking at that one. :)

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
130 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any help best hotel for $200 and under...no b & b's please.

How about Euro Spa in Calistoga? I have not been there, but it's on the Top 10 Trip Advisors for best spa/relaxing hotel in the country! I just looked at the rates. $150ish! Very reasonable!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
336 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any help best hotel for $200 and under...no b & b's please.

hi. Thanks but we stayed in Calistoga last time and were hoping to be more south. It can be a drive if there's traffic on a two lane highway....So hoping more St. Helena or Yountville area...I'm thinking about Napa Valley Inn?

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
130 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any help best hotel for $200 and under...no b & b's please.

Napa Valley Inn looked very nice. But its not that cheap. Another trick: wait until the last minute to get a good deal!!! \

Sacramento
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Any help best hotel for $200 and under...no b & b's please.

Wait until the last minute _ and then what? Call directly?

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
130 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any help best hotel for $200 and under...no b & b's please.

oh, yes! Always call directly. Book somewhere else, (be sure to check cancellation policies!), and then at the last minute call some of the nicer places, directly, and see if you can swing a deal.

last year, I had a room booked at the Yountville Inn, because I could not afford the Vintage Inn & Spa. And, sure enough, I checked rates online, about a month prior to my trip, and the rates had gone down! And then I saw that Napa Valley Inn was a little cheaper, so I negotiated them down. The Vintage is AWESOME!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Napa
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any help best hotel for $200 and under...no b & b's please.

You can also try the Napa Hilton Garden Inn, It's easy on/off HWY 29, nice pool area.. They have a good cancellation policy - maybe get a room there so you have something in case nothing gets "cheaper" in Yountville.

Level Contributor
34,703 posts
891 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any help best hotel for $200 and under...no b & b's please.

The Yountville Inn is great, we have stayed there twice now. The rooms are spacious with vaulted ceilings and patios, fireplaces, pretty bathrooms, a very extensive breakfsat buffet is served in the morning and there is a wonderful heated pool there. www.yountvilleinn.com is the website. :)