We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmstead or Tra Vigne for brunch? questions for dinner too!

Which St. Helena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
336 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Farmstead or Tra Vigne for brunch? questions for dinner too!

We normally go to Tra Vigne for brunch when in the wine country. Love it. I thought I might change things up a bit and go to Farmstead. I'm also open to a suggestion for another gem. Should I stick to my old favorite for brunch? I could go to Farmstead for dinner...but it seems like a daytime place. For dinner I'm torn between Torc in Napa, Bistro Jeanty, Redd or Press? (we normally go to Cooks, Bouchon and Bottega, changing it up)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. extra info: staying at Vintage Inn in Yountville, ages 30-65 (6 of us) end of Feb.

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmstead or Tra Vigne for brunch? questions for dinner too!

As a change-up from your usual selections, for brunch, consider Auberge du Soleil or The Grill at Meadowood. For dinner, Farmstead is fabulous, not just for lunch. Redd is outstanding, best cocktails in the valley. Do Bistro Jeanty if you really like authentic French country cuisine. Press is good. Let Torc work out the start-up kinks first; maybe next trip.

So many choices, so little time!

Level Contributor
34,236 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmstead or Tra Vigne for brunch? questions for dinner too!

We had an awesome lunch at Redd Wood in Yountville on Sunday. You may want to check them out. The Grill @ Meadowood was also very good and you will be able to see Meadowood, the beautiful resort there.

We loved Celadon in Napa for our dinner Sat. night. Enjoy the wine country! :).

Edited: 28 January 2014, 16:35
San Diego...
Level Contributor
336 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmstead or Tra Vigne for brunch? questions for dinner too!

It seems like Farmstead isn't a first choice favorite for brunch. Thanks for the input.

Angleton, TX
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmstead or Tra Vigne for brunch? questions for dinner too!

We were in Napa last week, and our favorite meal was lunch on the terrace at Auberge du Soleil. Beautiful view and great food! Husband had the fried chicken dinner on Tuesday at Farmstead. I had sole and best dish was caramelized beet salad with goat cheese. Favorite winery was Rombauer, which we found on the way to Auberge by accident.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
336 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmstead or Tra Vigne for brunch? questions for dinner too!

Thank you for you input. LOVE Auberge du Soleil...our honeymoon spot. :) Maybe we will hit Farmstead too.

6. Re: Farmstead or Tra Vigne for brunch? questions for dinner too!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 19:17