We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

im lost?

Which Salinas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Gate...
2 posts
Save Topic
im lost?

I really want to travel to salnias ca, by train while I live here in los angles. Does the coast starlight stop threw there? Im scrared to venture further!

9 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: im lost?

What is it about Salinas that attracts you? And what are you scared about going further?

South Gate...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: im lost?

Yea…… its a long distance relationship and my girl lives in salinas, sadly. Soo thats why im wondering if it stops there. From LA to salinas

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: im lost?

www.amtrak.com

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: im lost?

I didn't check belomiser's link to amtrack, but I am pretty sure that it stops there. Good luck.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: im lost?

Not terribly complicated. Input LAX (Amtrak uses LAX to designate Union Station, even though it's not near the airport) and Salinas as your destination, and your date, and voila! You see the times and price. Gf surely knows the train goes there. You can also click on schedules, Coast Starlight, and see where the train stops. Looks like currently you'd leave Union Station at 10:10 a.m. and get to Salinas about 6:30 a.m. Return, leave about 11:45 a.m. and get to Union Station at 9 p.m. (delays can definitely occur each way).

Looks like nearest commercial airport is Monterey. US Airways seems to have some pretty inexpensive flights, though they'd require a change of planes in Phoenix (!). Still quicker than the train.

Edited: 29 January 2014, 16:29
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: im lost?

p.s. sorry, that's get to Salinas about 6:30 p.m.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,240 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: im lost?

It may not seem important but how old are you?

Salinas, California
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: im lost?

Yes, there is a historic train station in Salinas and Amtrak stops there in both directions. Southbound at 11:45am and Northbound at around 6:30pm. There is also a cool Railroad Museum next door to the station.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,735 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: im lost?

The Coast Starlight leaves earlier than the Pacific Surfliner and isn't as long of a ride (Fewer stops, probably)

Reply to: im lost?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Salinas
Recent Conversations
More Salinas Topics