We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday college graduation lunch/brunch in June

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
485 posts
254 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday college graduation lunch/brunch in June

Looking for ideas for a nice lunch/brunch in Santa Clara County area on a Saturday in June for about 8 people. I am finding some of the places that have been recommended in the past are not open for lunch on Saturdays (Paolo's, 71 St Peter).

A friend has recommended Left Bank at Santana Row.

Thanks for any suggestions.

P.S. We are having Italian the night before so might prefer to avoid Italian again for Saturday lunch.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
25,582 posts
5,668 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday college graduation lunch/brunch in June

With Italian being off the list (for example, Il Fornaio in San Jose would work if it was on the list),

www.ilfornaio.com/…

I second going to Santana Row area for lunch. Left Bank works; there is also Thea which would be nice for lunch.

http://www.thearestaurant.com/

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
485 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday college graduation lunch/brunch in June

The more I read about the Left Bank and the cheese fondue, French fries, and yummy desserts, I think it would be a good place for us. Now the big question is seating outside or inside? We will have been outside at graduation all morning. Just not sure how hot it will be noontime San Jose early June. Thanks for the help!

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,994 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday college graduation lunch/brunch in June

Noontime June could be a bit chilly but sunny.

Hilton Garden Inn in Mountain View has a nice set-up. It's quite nice and I got a gathering there for a nice Easter lunch/brunch once. Brunch food has good variety and is reasonably priced. It's not so loud that you have to yell at each other to hear each other talk. The other HGI's around town might have something similar? The atrium is high ceiling and has lots of sun light coming in.

Michael's at Mountain View Shoreline could make a nice place. Nice indoor/outdoor options next to man-made lake all on landfill...

Creekside Bar & Grill is another option in Willow Glen. It's very close to SJSU. Totally interior environment.

Edited: 13 April 2011, 17:00
4. Re: Saturday college graduation lunch/brunch in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about San Jose