We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest hotel pool

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest hotel pool

Will be staying overnight in San Jose so we can drop kids off at camp early next morning. After a 4 hr drive thought we would just hang out at pool. Looking for a hotel with best pool and hot tub. Would also like free parking, free WiFi and Free breakfast. Was looking at Clarion Hotel San Jose but 'wanted to make sure we weren't missing something better. 2 Moms and 4 kids - Beginning July. Thank you

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest hotel pool

Would Pruneyard be better? Need to dropoff campers near corner of South Bascom Ave and Stokes Ave.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest hotel pool

S Bascom Ave and Stokes Ave is equidistant (about 1 mile) from both the Pruneyard and Santana Row. They are both popular places to stay.

At the Pruneyard: Pruneyard Plaza Hotel, Courtyard and TownePlace Suites are all viable. Campbell Inn used to be pretty good though I fear that it has become a has-been. I tried to stay at Pruneyard Plaza Hotel once, but they lost my reservation and had no vacancies.

The Santana Row are might be pricier and is tony-er. (is that a word?). Both Santana Row and Pruneyard are fun places. IMO though, the Pruneyard has more variety & cross-generational appeal, while Santana Row attracts celebrity-wanna-be's.

For hanging out by a pool, it hasn't been reliably consistently warm, during summer, in this area in years. The evenings usually have a bit of a wet-cool from the bay's fog so it goes right to the bone.

If you really want to swim, the Pruneyard is really close to the Campbell Community Center which has very good lap swimming facilities.

Edited: 22 June 2012, 19:49
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,029 posts
6,062 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest hotel pool

Take a look at Dolce Hayes - its a historic hotel but nice swimming pool, jacuzzi area

http://www.hayesmansion.com/

Or just go with the one you are planning. Have a nice trip.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,567 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicest hotel pool

The main issue with Hayes Mansion is that it isn't really close to anything else, if that is important. Both Pruneyard and Santana Row have a lot of restaurants and things within easy walking distance. Hayes Mansion is solidly in the middle of a residential neighborhood, actually my neighborhood, and I have sent overflow guests there many times when my house is full. It is definitely a nice place. And weekend rates are great becuase they cater to the business crowd.

5. Re: Nicest hotel pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 06:15