We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to San Jose Airport

Adelaide, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Transport to San Jose Airport

We are going to be in central San Fran city and we need to catch transport to the San Jose Airport. We need to be at the airport by 8.30 am.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,866 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to San Jose Airport

That early in the am, I would use SuperShuttle.

So.Cal
Level Contributor
342 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to San Jose Airport

What day of the week? If if's a week day, traffic heading into San Jose can be awful in the morning rush hour (probably 7:00am - 8:30am). Even in no traffic, the drive can be over an hour. When you say "catch a transport' I assume you mean a shuttle, van or limo hire. You should contact a couple of them and ask them what time they'd want to pick you up to make it to the San Jose airport no later than 7:30am. Also, if it's a shared van or shuttle, you may have additional passengers to pick up which will take extra time. You'll probably have to leave San Francisco no later than 6:00am if it's on a weekday. A better option might be to get a hotel near the airport for the night before your flight and travel down the evening before. I'd personally choose this option if at all possible to avoid the risk of missing your flight.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to San Jose Airport

I'm going to agree with Kartgv. I'd go the night before if at all possible. We are getting into the rainy season and one wreck on 101 or 280 could mean missed flights and a bad day. The good news is the SJ airport is very efficient and generally you don't have to be there as early as say SFO or LAX.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,866 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to San Jose Airport

If it was my trip, I would stay in SF the night before and just get up early for the trip to SJC. Yes there will be traffic getting to SJC and yes with a shared shuttle it will take longer since you'll have to pick up other people, but I would rather spend my entire last day and evening in SF and then get up early the day of departure than to spend part of my last day going to SJ. And if you leave yourself an extra cushion by planning to arrive at the airport at 7:30 or 8, then even with extra heavy traffic you will be ok.

If you have more than a couple people, a car service from SF to SJC might make sense as well - and then you don't have the shared shuttle stops.

5. Re: Transport to San Jose Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about San Jose