We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near the San Jose airport

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants near the San Jose airport

We'll be landing in San Jose about noon next Friday. We'll be on our way to Monterey, but will be ready to eat something before we begin the road trip. Are there any fairly good restaurants nearby? We'll have been flying for 6 hours and will be tired and hungry, Thanks in advance!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,954 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near the San Jose airport

Are you talking about waiter service or just anyplace?

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near the San Jose airport

I'm thinking waiter service. I'm in rehab for a spinal injury and travel - particularly flying - has been really difficult for me recently. However, I'm stubborn as a mule and got this trip to Monterey for a Christmas present and I'm determined to make the best of the travel part. After the flight, I'll be ready to sit down in a real restaurant with (hopefully) a comfortable place to sit.

And since we're flying Southwest (no food, but something simple we'll take on the plane) we'll probably really be hungry!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,358 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near the San Jose airport

I assume you will be renting a car for your trip to Monterey.

There are several, if not many, hotels in the airport vicinity with restaurants. They have shuttles from the airport.

There are restaurants in the terminals at SJC with places to sit. My inclination would just be to find one of those and eat and then get my car and get outta there.

Edited: 07 July 2013, 04:14
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,954 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near the San Jose airport

For simplicity, I'd see if Spencer's For Steaks And Chops at the Doubletree serves lunch (I am pretty certain they do). It is right by the airport and pretty secure parking so you don't need to worry about your luggage in the car.

Also near the airport and 101 Freeway is Vito’s Trattoria.

Los Gatos, CA...
Level Contributor
30 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near the San Jose airport

I recommend using Yelp.com. That way, you can select your preferences by checking them off in the filter box.

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near the San Jose airport

Thanks, everyone!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near the San Jose airport

Assuming you are going OK without food till after picking up the rental car and driving a few miles, there are several nice options nearby.

I like going to Santa Clara University just around the corner to visit the Mission. So you could pick up the rental car, either get adventurous and try authentic Ramen at Orenchi Ramen; or standard Italian at Fiorillos. tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g33046-d21…

Then get your sightseeing started within minutes by visiting the Santa Clara Mission www.scu.edu/visitors/mission/history.cfm

Which would prepare you for the Carmel Mission if you decide to visit it.

Edited: 07 July 2013, 16:56
arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near the San Jose airport

Thank you so much! That's really helpful :)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants near the San Jose airport

Orenchi Ramen might have a line which may not work if you are starving. but there should be lots of other choices if you drive down the alameda. Fast student friendly type restaurants that you can check Yelp for like Bills and Ikes.

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants near the San Jose airport

Thanks again, AL Tippet! I've printed off your suggestions.

Edited: 07 July 2013, 23:48
Get answers to your questions about San Jose