We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from San Jose to San Francisco

Ho Chi Minh City...
4 posts
Save Topic
Travel from San Jose to San Francisco

Hi everyone,

I am asking about the tour from San Jose to San Francisco.

My Mom in Carnelian DR, San Jose, CA (she just came there in February - 2014). She wants to travel some special place in San Francisco such as China Town, Lombard Street, Golden Gate etc, but she can't speak English. Please help me :

1, Have any Vietnamese travel agency in there? ( I tried to look but can't find it)

2, Does everyone know any Transportation public from San Jose to San Francisco? (to special place) where she can catch the Bus or train? ( she is living at Carnelian Dr).

I am waiting for your advice.

Thank you very much,

Phuong

Mentioned in this post
Lombard Street
Lombard Street
13,815 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Golden Gate Park
Golden Gate Park
8,410 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Jose
San Jose
California
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,815 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from San Jose to San Francisco

I don't know if your mother is Catholic, but there are two Catholic churches nearby, Most Holy Trinity and Our Lady of Refuge. Both have Catholic masses in Vietnamese and if it is like the Catholic churches in my area, they have trips that they do.

Also very close to where your mother lives are three shopping malls, Vietnam Town, Grand Century Mall & Asian Plaza Mall at McLaughlin & Story Rd. I am sure there are Vietnamese travel agents in one of them, but if not, there are certainly restaurants and shops where she can talk to people and ask around about tours.

She can take Cal Train into SF, but might find it intimidating if her English skills are not good.

Mentioned in this post
Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
Monterey Plaza Hotel...
5,371 Reviews
Monterey, CA
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,366 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from San Jose to San Francisco

Yes definitely have her go to the huge mall at Story and McLaughlin. There must be some there. It is safe and walking distance from Carnelian. She should have found it by now for shopping and eating. There may be Chinatown type buses that cater to Vietnamese folks. Let me ask my Vietnamese coworkers today. I work in SJ very close to where your mom lives.

Edited: 01 April 2014, 15:27
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,366 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from San Jose to San Francisco

Still waiting for the right person to ask... but try some of these travel agencies:

www.vietnamdaily.com/directory.php…

Century is in that big complex scott and I mentioned.

Ho Chi Minh City...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from San Jose to San Francisco

Thank you very much, I will let her know with your information.

Please let me know if you have any update.

Thank you,

Phuong

Ho Chi Minh City...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from San Jose to San Francisco

Thank you very much. I will check it out.

Regards,

Phuong

Ho Chi Minh City...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from San Jose to San Francisco

Thank you very much, I will inform to my Mom your info.

We will try to find a good way for her to join a trip in S.F.

regards,

Phuong

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,366 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from San Jose to San Francisco

My Vietnamese co-workers say they have heard of day tours to SF but do not have any more details. Do try to contact those travel agents or have your mom go there in person.

8. Re: Travel from San Jose to San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about San Jose