We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanted nice hotel in San Luis Obispo / Cambria

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Wanted nice hotel in San Luis Obispo / Cambria

My husband and I are planning on spending 2 nights in the San Luis Obispo area in August as part of our Silver Wedding anniversary road trip along the californian coast I'm really struggling to find a quality hotel in this area Ideally we would like somewhere close to shops, restaurants, bars etc and that preferably isnt decorated by my grandmother on acid.

thank you.

Level Contributor
35,221 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wanted nice hotel in San Luis Obispo / Cambria

The Cliffs in Shell Beach is very nice! We have stayed there several times in all different rooms, including their gorgeous suites with balconies and jacuzzi tubs. This property has a great outdoor pool, jacuzzi, firepits and restaurant, Marisol on-site. The rooms at The Cliffs are contemporary, we especially loved the way the suites were decorated. :)

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wanted nice hotel in San Luis Obispo / Cambria

The Blue Dolphin scottca mentions is very nice. I stayed there last summer as I drove betwen SD and SF. It's a small-ish inn but decorated in a contemporary and upscale manner. I had a ocean view room which was large and very comfortable. (They also don't take kids which is what sold me on it.)

Breakfast is delivered in the morning packed as a picnic so you can walk Moonstone Beach and find a nice bench to have breakfast overlooking the water.

There are a couple of restaurants along Moonstone Beach which are in easy walking distance of most the accomodations there. But the shops in the village are on the other side of Highway 1.

SLO is a college town so has that type of vibe.

Edited: 15 February 2013, 17:51
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Wanted nice hotel in San Luis Obispo / Cambria

If you like boutique hotels, the Cass House Inn in Cayucos is suberb. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to SLO. We enjoyed the excellent food and the stylish decor. Cayucos is a cute beach town, but Cambria feels a bit nicer in our opinion. However, we could not find as nice of a place in Cambria and opted to pamper ourselves at the Cass House and were not disappointed.

SLO has a great vibe! Although we haven't stayed there because they've just recently opened, we are planning to stay at the Granada Hotel on our next visit. It's located downtown near nice shops and restaurants. I highly recommend the Thursday night Farmer's Market which is about a block away from the Granada.

Good luck!

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Wanted nice hotel in San Luis Obispo / Cambria

If you like boutique hotels, the Cass House Inn in Cayucos is suberb. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to SLO. We enjoyed the excellent food and the stylish decor. Cayucos is a cute beach town, but Cambria feels a bit nicer in our opinion. However, we could not find as nice of a place in Cambria and opted to pamper ourselves at the Cass House and were not disappointed.

SLO has a great vibe! Although we haven't stayed there because they've just recently opened, we are planning to stay at the Granada Hotel on our next visit. It's located downtown near nice shops and restaurants. I highly recommend the Thursday night Farmer's Market which is about a block away from the Granada.

Good luck!

Seal Beach, CA
Level Contributor
100 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Wanted nice hotel in San Luis Obispo / Cambria

Check out the Madonna Inn. It's an experience.

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
34 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Wanted nice hotel in San Luis Obispo / Cambria

If you want to stay in SLO, I'd suggest the Granada. It's practically brand new (complete renovation of an old building) and is located in the heart of downtown. The rooms are far from Grandmother on Acid décor---more like boutique chic.

17. Re: Wanted nice hotel in San Luis Obispo / Cambria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about San Luis Obispo