We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Luis Obispos picnic supplies

San Francisco
Level Contributor
74 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
San Luis Obispos picnic supplies

Quick San Luis Obispo question. Please reccomend a San Luis Obispo store where I can get cheeses, french bread, meats, etc for wine country picnic.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: San Luis Obispos picnic supplies

The post is in response to Puter, and there are many folks that want a name brand item, not a store brand. I buy a lot of store brand stuff (heck, it is usually cheaper), but there are some things I want the name brand version. Still haven't got a new Twinkie yet, hopefully soon.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: San Luis Obispos picnic supplies

If the OP is more into healthy type food, they might want to check out New Frontiers health food store on Los Osos Valley Road. They have fresh cheeses, meats, bread, etc., as well as a self serve food bar and a full service food bar. The place is always busy and the sandwiches look pretty darn good.

Another option is Spencer's Market a bit further down on Los Osos Valley Road. They sell Boar's Head meats and chesses. MUCH better than the stuff they sell at the majors. Depalo & Sons in Pismo Beach at the Spyglass exit off Highway 101 is another.

Edited: 08 August 2013, 02:12
San Francisco
Level Contributor
74 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: San Luis Obispos picnic supplies

Thanks for all the information. I guess TJ's is the option I should take. The Supermarkets have little variety and all thier salads are all mayonaise based, Intruth I was looking for something like the Oakville Grocery in Sonoma/Napa or maybe one of the winieries has picnic food as well.Thanks again.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: San Luis Obispos picnic supplies

Which wine country are you going to? Paso or Edna Valley?

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,409 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: San Luis Obispos picnic supplies

Off to TJ you go! I also bought quince paste. Great with cheese, honey, and white wine. Had this combo at a winery in Paso and have been hooked since then. So happy TJ carries this.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: San Luis Obispos picnic supplies

IF you're headed for Paso Robles, check out Farmstand 46 on Highway 46 on the west side of Paso's tasting rooms. It's based on the Oakville Grocery Store you like so much.

www.foodgps.com/farmstand-46-templeton/

Edited: 08 August 2013, 17:40
San Francisco
Level Contributor
74 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: San Luis Obispos picnic supplies

Thanks Kibblesmom. Exactly what I had in mind to enhance a few favorites from TJs.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: San Luis Obispos picnic supplies

Have fun in the wine country. If you're coming within the next few months, be sure to carry plenty of water with you. It gets pretty toasty up there this time of year!

19. Re: San Luis Obispos picnic supplies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about San Luis Obispo