We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great casual mexican restaurant

Which San Luis Obispo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
285 posts
Save Topic
Great casual mexican restaurant

We are staying in SLO on Friday night and would like a casual Mexican restaurant with great food and margaritas. Our favorites are usually the "dive" type spots with great food. Thank you for any suggestions. Cherie

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,440 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great casual mexican restaurant

I have lived on the Central Coast for over 25 years and I've yet to find "great" Mexican food.

Pepe Delgado's is the "best" I can think of. Not sure they have a hard liquor license, though.

If you don't mind a short drive a bit south of Pismo Beach, Old Juan's Cantina comes the closest to what you're looking for. The food is California-ized, but they do have a full bar.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
285 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Great casual mexican restaurant

Thank you for your recommendation. I think we will want to stay in SLO after driving. We'll give Pepe Delgados a try. We will also keep Old Juan's Cantina in mind if we're not too tired of being in the car. Cherie

Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great casual mexican restaurant

Tio Albertos would be my recomendation, good portion size and delicious. As Kibbles mentioned of Pepe's not sure if they have a hard liqour license either, but it is more divey. Personaly never tried Pepe's and I've been here 27 years. Added to my too eat list.

Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great casual mexican restaurant

I hear alot of southern californians tend to really like Taqueria Santa Cruz Express, which opened recently. I gave them a shot the other day and really liked their selection of salsas and hot sauces.

5. Re: Great casual mexican restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about San Luis Obispo